Discuss client wont let me back into site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did you supply / install the 50mm SWA? If your customer has now been told by your assessor that what you have done is wrong then it is not a suprising reaction but leaves you in a very awkward position. You may have to offer to pay for a third party to rectify the mistake (can a 16mm copper conductor be ran alongside?).
?????? pmsl, hello mcfly

Just applied for the NIC and will have my assessment within the next 4 weeks. The 3 jobs I have for him are pretty straight forward, Domestic EICR, 2 new circuits in a commercial unit and a domestic mains change with minor works. All compliant, however the response of the NIC to you is of interest.

Been a QS before so know what to expect.

Look forward to your response about what the NIC said.

i could never get access to the origin, turns out we could on my assessment and discovered the building sub main was off a PME 50mm SWA twin. thats the issue.
a big mistake for me as assumed i could limitate it on the EICR

You could have made a Limit and sometimes that is the way of things but nevertheless I would have made an assumption of the adequacy of the armour to support main protective bonds.

Just applied for the NIC and will have my assessment within the next 4 weeks. The 3 jobs I have for him are pretty straight forward, Domestic EICR, 2 new circuits in a commercial unit and a domestic mains change with minor works. All compliant, however the response of the NIC to you is of interest.

Been a QS before so know what to expect.

Look forward to your response about what the NIC said.
I find with the NICEIC assessors they are not trying to trip you up and essentially look for reasons to pass you rather than fail! afterall they want your cash...
I was at an assessment at a previous firm i worked with, They were looking at a supply to the outbuilding with consumer unit and 2 radials. but they actually ended up demonstrating safe isolation, ring final end to ends and rcd checks in the house rather than any actual testing in the outbuilding! all very peculiar i thought. seemed more a case of go through the motions.

I find with the NICEIC assessors they are not trying to trip you up and essentially look for reasons to pass you rather than fail! afterall they want your cash...
I was at an assessment at a previous firm i worked with, They were looking at a supply to the outbuilding with consumer unit and 2 radials. but they actually ended up demonstrating safe isolation, ring final end to ends and rcd checks in the house rather than any actual testing in the outbuilding! all very peculiar i thought. seemed more a case of go through the motions.
Definition of SCAM make it easy to get your hard earned.

Definition of SCAM make it easy to get your hard earned.

Its a learning thing. All part of life's rich tapestry

In this example Pete, seems to be the opposite to your viewpoint about said schemes. :)
How so Middy the NICEIC guy was anxious to pass the Electrician, who had obviously some problems with his testing techniques, he showed them how to do it and then took their cheque, thank you very much Sir, a pleasure doing business with you, don't hesitate to call us if you find yourself in trouble only to pleased to take your payment. You won't convince me otherwise Middy.

If this is an EIC the tradegy if he chose two core because it was slightly cheaper than three core, ouch.

Reply to client wont let me back into site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net