Discuss Combining main db and storage heating db together nothing currently 3036 fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joehat

Hi all, I've been a sparky for a few years now, but have never converted 2 boards into one' eg on and off peak board.

I have seen this done, but just wanted to clarify that this is okay and I would like to still use 2 rcds for main part eg 5 circuits for minium disruption ect, so I was thinking I could use a main switch and then put the three immersion cuivuits on rcbos, thisis can just use a 16 way board?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What are the circuits that were originally "off peak" going to be used for??

Thanks murdock, would you say it was easy enough using a standard board if costs come out alot less?

Anyone know a website so I can look at this duel tarrif board as I cannot find anything?

Decided the better and cheaper option is to use 2 main switches answer rcbos cheaper option from wholesalers by about £50
For a hager duel board it was about £250
With rcbos £220 but being online for about £175 all in

Good idea ehh??

Not the best photo but here is one I did a few months ago
two%20tarrif_zpsxdynq8oq.jpg
[/URL]
Price I think was about the £160 mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Combining main db and storage heating db together nothing currently 3036 fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. I have been asked to take over a job an electrician has started, and has moved abroad. The house is a big mansion, with a 3PH supply...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
I have a client on a Superdeal tariff from SSE, the Superdeal Meter has 3 sets of tails coming out of it feeding 3 DBs: (i) DB1 - the main board...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock