Discuss Convert 110V Waffle Iron to 220V in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can't believe what your doing!! So what are you going to do now, ....buy a stock of these thermal cut-out gizmo's?? Either buy a suitable transformer, or purchase a model that is designed to work on our voltage band, ...namely 230 volt!!!

Can't really make out what it is doing from the pics? Mind no expert on recognising little thingmebobs! Is there anything on the other side of it? It will have been taking twice as much current as it was designed for - is there any sign of charring/burning - just guessing but it might be/have been some sort of thermal cut out? If you bypass it does it work?

No charring detected. However, it might be an internal fuse, although that wouldn't explain why it's attached to the heating plate. Might try to bypass it to see what happens.
I would prefer some advice on what it is before I do that though.

You could try googling images of thermal cut out or checking if there are any part numbers on it. If that is a thermal cutout , bypassing it for any length of time could mean that it gets dangerously hot and start a fire. TBH this has probs been running with twice the current it was designed for so everything on it has been overheated and stressed by all means have a play with it but i would not put it back into normal use, even on the correct voltage for it, unless it was properly tested first.

I'll look out for dutch syrup waffles :)

Based on what can be seen from the photos, the elements appear to be wired in parallel. You should be able to wire these up in series. Then you just need to find a new 'stat...

Based on what can be seen from the photos, the elements appear to be wired in parallel. You should be able to wire these up in series. Then you just need to find a new 'stat...

I hoped this was the case, but unfortunately they're in series. Would've made things a lot easier.

You could try googling images of thermal cut out or checking if there are any part numbers on it. If that is a thermal cutout , bypassing it for any length of time could mean that it gets dangerously hot and start a fire. TBH this has probs been running with twice the current it was designed for so everything on it has been overheated and stressed by all means have a play with it but i would not put it back into normal use, even on the correct voltage for it, unless it was properly tested first.

It might indeed be some thermal cutout or fuse. I'll see what I can find on google.

Is pearl sugar also known as sugar nibs - like little bits of sugar the size of match heads
cos i tried that and tried real yeast, as well as baking powder recipes, and a splash of rum, tried all sorts but couldn't get near those aldi ones!

Try leaving them wrapped up in plastic at room temperature for 5 days. They might be similar then. By Aldi ones I suppose you don't mean the pancake waffles?
Yes, pearl sugar is the same as nib sugar

Last edited by a moderator:
if you enjoy a waffle - get yourself down to "the waffle house" in Norwich town centre, was up there last weekend visiting my bro, insanely good. Humous, avacado and mozzarrella with a sweet chilli dressing served on a bed of wild rocket on a savoury large waffle......followed by a mixed chopped nut sweet waffle swimming in maple syrup. Im such a king. Mug off making your own, especially at this sort of hassle!

Reply to Convert 110V Waffle Iron to 220V in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock