Discuss Coronavirus self employed payment in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone else not happy with 80% of profit payments to self employed, as this only covers sub contractors and not a one man band with overheads.
I think it does. There was no mention today of being a subby, or a one man band.
I’m a one man band, with wife on backing vocals.
I’d be happy with 80%, but as my profit hasn’t been brilliant last 2 years anyway, I’m not expecting much.

Anyone else not happy with 80% of profit payments to self employed, as this only covers sub contractors and not a one man band with overheads.
I think it covers sole traders, add the payment to ya 20/21 returns deduct any overheads/running costs pay tax on what’s left....seems fair except the June bit!

As above Yes, it covers anyone who is Self Employed unless they are also an Employee and earn more from that.
Or S/E and over the £50000 earnings limit

So tell me, I have a van £250 month, part p payment £550 van tax insurance, liability insurance tool insurance of which all comes out monthly, 80% of profit doesn’t take that into account.
if you are a sub contractor you don’t have to pay out for anything like a 1 man band to run a business.
it’s not a true reflection of profits for a company.

profit is income minus expenses, so I see what you’re saying. We are expected to pay those expenses out of the 80% of the profit govt will give us.
I’m sure it will all straighten out come jan 2021

I take it you're on about running costs that are still active whilst not trading ? I'd give all those debts a call and ask for leniency and a payment break, especially on your van which seems your largest outgoing.

profit is income minus expenses, so I see what you’re saying. We are expected to pay those expenses out of the 80% of the profit govt will give us.
I’m sure it will all straighten out come jan 2021
I doubt it, I’ll be bankrupt by the time the economy picks up again. I won’t have money to pay part p or my van, so I will have to cease trading.

So tell me, I have a van £250 month, part p payment £550 van tax insurance, liability insurance tool insurance of which all comes out monthly, 80% of profit doesn’t take that into account.
if you are a sub contractor you don’t have to pay out for anything like a 1 man band to run a business.
it’s not a true reflection of profits for a company.

If you're not happy with 80% you don't have to claim it, you can choose to take 0% if you prefer.

Defer your part P scheme payment until a later date an dthat will save you £550

I think it does. There was no mention today of being a subby, or a one man band.
I’m a one man band, with wife on backing vocals.
I’d be happy with 80%, but as my profit hasn’t been brilliant last 2 years anyway, I’m not expecting much.
My Mrs has neurological problems and she can’t work anymore, it’s been a tough 10 years with the recession and Brexit putting a hold on things, the Mrs getting worse now this. ---- it all, I’ve just about had it.

Reply to Coronavirus self employed payment in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net