Discuss Countrywide Repairs Offering 350 EICR's IS a Scam. AVOID in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hey all, First time posting on here.

The reason for my post is to warn others about a company called who call themselves Countrywide Repairs Ltd, who are offering a contract for 350 EICR's in a year.
Their operation is bloody brilliant. They organise phone interviews, use online contracts signature service, have people in the office who seem legit and have an aparent registered company on companies house.

They start off by saying they have changed the way they offer work to electricians due to some taking the work privately from landlords and thus not giving any referral fee to Countrywide Repairs. This has pushed them to have a fee of £3,500 to pay, £2,500 prior to any work commencing and the rest after 6 months of successful EICR's.

However, it is a scam. I fell for it and feel really stupid. There were a few warning signs and I ignored them.

Beware every electrician out there. Please be careful. They will probably continue to do this under different business names.

They are very good at what they do. They go by the names of Dan, Colin and Adam.

I am still trying to get hold of them. I am speaking with solicitors, a news organization, who are keen to catch these guys in the act. They have Scottish accents and are good talkers.

The email address they used is now not working, so I assume they have disappeared, however I do have email threads and some indication on their whereabouts due to phone calls etc.

If I get any more information about them, I will post here.

Happy New Years Guys.

Hi,

This has also happened to us, I have reported to trading standards and included your link to the message. Exactly the same process but a different company name! They also had Scottish accents and good talkers so it's clearly the same company. Happy to chat more to see how we may be able to help each other to try get our money back and ensure this doesn't keep happening to others? You can message me on FB -https://www.------------/laura.harvey.332

Unless I'm missing something obvious here, according to this the company was dissolved today?

What is with peaple thinking not doing their home work before getting coined
By these company's.
It's just a numbers game. Phone enough people and you will eventually catch someone not thinking clearly for whatever reason.
The person that thinks they will never get caught out just hasn't been caught out yet.
There is a school of thought that says the best person to scam is someone who is over confident.
CEF work on the principle that their customers won't check every flipping line on the invoice and it works ;)
TBH Buzz if you think you have never been had then it was a good scam because you didn't notice it. :D

Since the companies involved in this kind of thing like threatening people (it seems to happen on a semi-regular basis), I would suggest you do not post their names here.

If you wish to discuss the kind of people who carry on their business like this, then we have a trade only area of the forums you can apply to join (it is necessary to demonstrate you are actually in the trade). This area is not public and is intended for this kind of discussion, so if you haven't already... get your membership of The Electricians Arms sorted out... then you can discuss this kind of thing in there.

The reason for my post is to warn others about a company called who call themselves Countrywide Repairs Ltd, who are offering a contract for 350 EICR's in a year.
Their operation is bloody brilliant. They organise phone interviews, use online contracts signature service, have people in the office who seem legit and have an aparent registered company on companies house.

They start off by saying they have changed the way they offer work to electricians due to some taking the work privately from landlords and thus not giving any referral fee to Countrywide Repairs. This has pushed them to have a fee of £3,500 to pay, £2,500 prior to any work commencing and the rest after 6 months of successful EICR's.

However, it is a scam. I fell for it and feel really stupid. There were a few warning signs and I ignored them.

Beware every electrician out there. Please be careful. They will probably continue to do this under different business names.

They are very good at what they do. They go by the names of Dan, Colin and Adam.

I am still trying to get hold of them. I am speaking with solicitors, a news organization, who are keen to catch these guys in the act. They have Scottish accents and are good talkers.

The email address they used is now not working, so I assume they have disappeared, however I do have email threads and some indication on their whereabouts due to phone calls etc.

Happy New Years Guys.
They are now under vanguard home repairs, they tried the exact same thing to me this week!

Happy New Years Guys.
I am in conversation with these guys at the moment although they're now called Vanguard.

Happy New Years Guys.
Hi, I have fallen subject to this. How did you get on?

Hi,

This has also happened to us, I have reported to trading standards and included your link to the message. Exactly the same process but a different company name! They also had Scottish accents and good talkers so it's clearly the same company. Happy to chat more to see how we may be able to help each other to try get our money back and ensure this doesn't keep happening to others? You can message me on FB -https://www.------------/laura.harvey.332

I am in conversation with these guys at the moment although they're now called Vanguard.
I am the same even sent a contract, how did you get on. What steps have you taken ?

It’s awful that they use names from reputable companies.

Some people might think they are affiliated somehow with an insurance co. Of the same name.

Reply to Countrywide Repairs Offering 350 EICR's IS a Scam. AVOID in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net