Discuss Day light harvesting light fittings with motion sensor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Can any one recommend a good light fitting like the Somar Eluma. A current project I'm looking at is to replace 175 x 400w metal halide high bay fittings in a warehouse. The somar Eluma has a programable sensor that detects presence and day light and switches/dims accordingly it also has an adjustable multi lamp position reflector.

Heres the spec of the somar fitting. Any one used a similar product?

http://www.aesquared.co.za/downloads/Somar Eluma High Level.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Are they ok with lights switching off and on by themselves? never been keen on the idea in a factory/warehouse. With 175 of them i'd also be worried about maintenance as theres obviously more to go wrong.

The print factory i used to work in changed all the 400w MH for t5 fittings with reflectors and it did improve the lighting, these were just standard units that were left on all the time though

Are they ok with lights switching off and on by themselves? never been keen on the idea in a factory/warehouse. With 175 of them i'd also be worried about maintenance as theres obviously more to go wrong.

The print factory i used to work in changed all the 400w MH for t5 fittings with reflectors and it did improve the lighting, these were just standard units that were left on all the time though

These Somar ones I've been looking at have an adjustable sensor that can be set to maintain a certain level of light etc if no presence is detected they don't have to completely switch off. I know what you mean about maintenance but as long as everything comes with a decent guarantee and obviously the mark up on the material should cover the cost of any call backs to any failures etc.

Reply to Day light harvesting light fittings with motion sensor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net