Discuss Day Sheets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently ive found my workload to be that big that I am turning over jobs quicker than I can invoice them, leading to me in some cases forgetting all about them and not getting paid!

Has anyone got a good template day/time sheet I can use to keep track of my days as the current system I am using is no good anymore.

Any help is appreciated as always :).

Thankyou

Dave

Last edited:
I would use a large A4 diary with a page per day , that should give you a fair amount of space and then at the end of the day do your invoices from that ..

Ive had similar problems lately so i printed about 30 blank invoices out a couple of weeks back and put them on a clipboard in the van. i just write jobs up through the day then the wife types them out from that and sends them in for me

I've got a combination of two things; A4 carbon copy job sheets, which incorporates everything onto one piece of paper for a job (Inc MW form) and then also keep an old school invoice book in the van for all those 10 min cash calls.

I've got a combination of two things; A4 carbon copy job sheets, which incorporates everything onto one piece of paper for a job (Inc MW form) and then also keep an old school invoice book in the van for all those 10 min cash calls.

The carbon copy job sheets was more what i was thinking, Idea being that i could keep a copy for myself and submit the other to the office.

So was hoping for a good sheet design which i could send to a printing firm to put onto a carbon copy pad :)

If I can find a copy quickly I'll post one up. They also work well for maintenance jobs as the customer signs the bottom to agree completion, time on site etc.

I write the info into an A4 pad and type up later, but this method means sifting through the book on an evening, id rather keep the info for every job contained on its own sheet.

You should investigate software to help you.

The package I run has a database, you raise estimates on it and at the push of a button you then convert the estimate into an invoice - it can then be edited and either printed or emailed.

You should investigate software to help you.

The package I run has a database, you raise estimates on it and at the push of a button you then convert the estimate into an invoice - it can then be edited and either printed or emailed.

Well as it happens I was thinking of purchasing a tablet to use on site for something like that, any particular apps you would recommend?

Hi All,

Recently ive found my workload to be that big that im turning over jobs quicker than I can invoice them, leading to me in some cases forgetting all about them and not getting paid!

Has anyone got a good temlate day/time sheet I can use to keep track of my days as the current system im using is no good anymore.

Any help is apretiated as always :).

Thankyou

Dave

Oxford Dictionaries

Oh my,
I will admit I am guilty of not proof reading my own posts! As it happens it even annoys me when I see it.
In future I shall pay more attention in order to try and avoid retaliation MDJ.

There is an "edit" button to make corrections and improve punctuation!

Reply to Day Sheets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net