Discuss Disorder in the Court in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

Thought this might make you smile!

"These are from a book called Disorder in the Court, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters - who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place. Some of these are excellent...... don't miss the last one. "

Q: Are you sexually active?
A: No, I just lie there.

Q: What is your date of birth?
A: July fifteenth.
Q: What year?
A: Every year.

Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

Q: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
A: Yes.
Q: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
A: I forget.
Q: You forget. Can you give us an example of something that you've forgotten?

Q: How old is your son, the one living with you?
A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.
Q: How long has he lived with you?
A: Forty-five years.

Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke up that morning?
A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
Q: And why did that upset you?
A: My name is Susan.

Q: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo or the occult?
A: We both do.
Q: Voodoo?
A: We do.
Q: You do?
A: Yes, voodoo.

Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Q: The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?

Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?

Q: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
Q: And what were you doing at that time?

Q: She had three children, right?
Q: How many were boys?
A: None.
Q: Were there any girls?

Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
A: By death.
Q: And by whose death was it terminated?

Q: Can you describe the individual?
A: He was about medium height and had a beard.
Q: Was this a male, or a female?

Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

Q: All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
A: Oral.

Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
A: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
Q: And Mr Dennington was dead at the time?
A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy.

Q: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
Q: Did you check for breathing?
Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practising law somewhere.

friend of mine used to like to sit in the public gallery of the court (sad I know) and he once witnessed the following exchange:

Legal bloke: "Now Mr ****** have you anything to say for yourself?"

Defendand - (who was a rather large, but dim sort of bloke) : "Well, I know I'm not very bright, but I can lift heavy weights"

wee glasweigan was in court n the advocate asked
"why were you in Mr Ys flat?"

"for a tap!"

"Are you a Plumber?"

"NAW!"

Another council rubbed his fingers like meaning money " AAAAA Were you there to get some money from Mr Y?"

"NAW!"

"I dont understand what kind of tap were you there for ?"

"My sellik tap He borrowed it the other week!!!"
( selik tap= Celtic F.C. top)

This one may be apocryphal; In the early 70's, a German trawler had been caught illegally fishing off the coast of Northern Ireland. The captain was arrested and appeared in Belfast Crown Court shortly afterward. On discovering that the defendant spoke no English, an appeal was made to the public gallery for help with translating. A student there offered his services.
The Judge then asked him to ask the captain his name. The student asked "VOT ISS YOUR NAME!!! Allegedly rewarded with 7 days inside for contempt of court

Reply to Disorder in the Court in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net