Discuss DNO being difficult in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sptrotter67

Hi
I currently work for a renewable energy company and am being messed around by one DNO in particular. We have installed a 4KWp(DC) system which includes 18 pv modules and one inverter rated at 3.6KWp (AC) and is G83/1 certified . The DNO is saying that the system is G59 due to the modules being 4KWp. My argument is that the installation is a 3.6KWp system therefore falls under G83/1. The system is MCS certified and commissioned as a 3.6KW system. Who is correct??? Other DNO's accept the inverter size as any changes shall be informed to the DNO, ie if someone replaced the inverter for a larger one then it should be reassessed under mcs... anyone any ideas as i believe they are incorrect to force me down the G59 route.
regards
trotts

Which DNO where.
Name and shame as on the face of it they are being stupid
How do they know how many panels there are anyway?
There is nowhere for that information on the G83/1-1 forms that I fill in.

Your stating on the MCS cert it is a 3.6kw system? Surely it must be a 4kw otherwise you could fit any amount of panels on a 4kw inverter and claim it's 4KW or below for the tariff.

Yes thats right, once you have more panels than inverter output then TIC/DNC effectively is inverter output.
Have a look at the definitions.
The MCS certificate asks for DNC, not TIC, nor kWp of panels installed.
But for simple PV systems TIC=DNC
And it is TIC that defines the FIT band under the legislation.

There have been a few discussions here and elsewhere on this point and I do appreciate not everyone agrees with me.

Regards
Bruce

Reply to DNO being difficult in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net