Discuss Dodgy Stuff in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lazlo

Seem to be coming across quite a bit of dodgy 'electrical' work at the moment, highlights from this week are......
20150218_162842.jpg

20150324_095101.jpg

20150324_095110.jpg

Had a belter today. Call out to a fish and chip shop complaining of no power to fryer cabinets and smoke in the intake cupboard. Checked the two wylex DB's,a rats nest but no obvious problems. Tested the output on the plug in mcb's,all good. Then it dawned on me that there were no cables connected to the ways marked as fryers. Further investgation revealed two 6.0mm cables sneaking into the base of the cutout and no seals in place....Hmmm....beginning to smell a rat here. Cover off TPN cutout to reveal two taped up burnt out joints connecting the 6.0mm's direct to the incomer. Earth wires were cut off so the fish shop fryer counter was connected direct to the national grid and not earthed,would have been very interesting if a fault occured!
Made the call to UK power networks,isolated the DB's,got my money and fled.

Reply to Dodgy Stuff in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, I've had a few discussions recently that have made me realise that I know nothing about lighting. Does anyone have any recommended...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got an new outbuilding that needs power run out to it, the building is very close to the house and the original plan was to run an...
Replies
Views
Hi all.. Bit of a nightmare afternoon,, testing a caravan park TP&N panel board IR testing while board isolated before returning power (merlin...
Replies
Views
Just thinking about selling MFT's and single test equipment. The idea being I buy stuff from Ebay and sell it on ebay, which I am doing at the...
Replies
Views
I found myself needing to do some emergency plumbing at home this evening. I've got a small guest flat on my property which has been empty for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock