Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just for fun...my very first attempt at using LEDs...I took an old iMac. stripped the innards out of it, put the driver inside the body, led the mains out through an existing aperture with a grommet in it, added a double pole inline switch, stuck the LED tape on the bezel, having routed it through the base...and hey presto! A swivelling, titlting, make -up mirror...mirror courtesy of Ikea for £1.50...
OK, it's not perfect, but a fun project that took just over 2 hours to make. Shoot me down if you like! It was fun to make, and the next one will be much better!
1703198150451.jpeg

I think new cabinets might be a good idea, the site owner probably doesn't realise that they are their responsibility.
Good point, but how does one go about changing a cabinet that the DNO's cutout & meter is in?

I guess it might be possible to cut away the old box and fit a new one "around" the kit with a gaping hole in the bottom to clear stuff, but the only proper solution is going to involve the DNO replacing the cutout, and the meter supplier re-doing their bit, etc. An no power during the operation of course, which becomes an issue of they both of them can't complete both jobs on the same day.

I've changed a meter box with a cut-out in: the DNO turned up, disconnected the supply cable (taped a boot over the end and left if flapping about), then sat and watched while I changed the box, then reconnected the cable in the new box. They waited till I arrived to start disconnecting. I did feel a bit self-conscious being watched, but I think they (2 guys, in separate vans) were not in any hurry!

Good point, but how does one go about changing a cabinet that the DNO's cutout & meter is in?

I guess it might be possible to cut away the old box and fit a new one "around" the kit with a gaping hole in the bottom to clear stuff, but the only proper solution is going to involve the DNO replacing the cutout, and the meter supplier re-doing their bit, etc. An no power during the operation of course, which becomes an issue of they both of them can't complete both jobs on the same day.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock