Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss does swa need additional protective conductor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eamonn1983

I need to work out if I will be required to run a separate protective conductor along side the swa cable I'm going to install. The cable is a sub mains feeding a 3 phase db panel in a large workshop. The cable is going to be a 50mm 4core 120 metres steel wire armoured installed in a underground duct. The protective device feeding the cable is a merlin gerin NS250N 3 phase mccb and the readings at this end are zs 0.19 and pfc 1.23KA.

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how I can determine if this needs a separate protective conductor and if so maybe explain the calculation,to help me,in the future.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to does swa need additional protective conductor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
For context i am in my 2nd year in college and my head is going round in circles a question in my project for which i need to select the right...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
I have a job coming up where I likely need to replace old twin and earth (imperial size) feeding one, perhaps two flats in a 3 storey converted...
Replies
Views
All of the work described below will be completed by a qualified electrician, I am just curious and using the info for planning!! I am planning a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock