Discuss Editing posts in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trev

Any ideas on why I can't edit my posts now?
After a talk with Paul I tried hitting the "go advanced" button but that doesn't work either.

Let me have a look into your account Trev. Back in a mo.

Right Trev try replying to this and then editing it.

Sorry mate:)
It's exactly the same, I get an empty white box. Then when I hit the advanced button nothing happens at all.

Ok leave it with me and I'll get back to you.

Trev all settings appear to be ok so I'm stumped. I'm going to pop this into the staff room for attention.

Trev all settings appear to be ok so I'm stumped. I'm going to pop this into the staff room for attention.
Ok mate, thanks very much. It's not that big a deal if truth be known but sometimes I spot a spolling misteke and it annoys me that I can't put it right.

I can't see a settings problem either. What browser you using Trev? Can you try a different one to see if the problem isstill there? It might be that the edit button is getting buried under some other page element and it's just not visible.

**edit** Oops I didn't read all the posts and I just saw you're getting a blank text box so the button is visible I assume. Maybe still try a different browser if you have one and let me know if it's suffering the same issue.

I'm using Google chrome Andy and have been for months, this is a fairly recent development but I'll give it a go with IE (much as I hate it) and let you know.

Issues like thisare often caused by browser updates that are buggy. Please try it with IE or Firefox/opera, whatever you have installed.

I'll try IE first and see what happens mate, although I have to say that the reason I swapped to Google Chrome was because of problems I was having with this site and the recommendation at the time was to change browsers. We'll see though

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know it's a pain. There was an IE update last year that caused chaos and a lot of people had issues. If you want to try a real man's browser go Opera. It's a highly underrated browser, stable as all hell.

Yeah I know it's a pain. There was an IE update last year that caused chaos and a lot of people had issues. If you want to try a real man's browser go Opera. It's a highly underrated browser, stable as all hell.

I personally think that firefox is the best browser but only use that on my desktop, on my phone I use chrome.

Right, I just had a go on IE. The box opened and had text in it so I thought maybe it is a google chrome problem so I cancelled what I was doing and it said I'd edited, all good I thought but then.....Ah but what happens when you try to add to existing so I typed some random nonsense in a post and tried to save it.
I hit the save button and nothing happened, the box is still open

Try closing all browser windows and clearing the browser cache. Something like CCleaner makes this easy, or a quick Google will explain how to do it.

Reply to Editing posts in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net