Discuss EICR info in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

baldyd

Hi all.

I'm a little confused with what's correct here. I was told from a tradesman that any circuits in bath/shower area and circuits supplying mobile equipment that can be used outdoors that were not on an RCD were to be a code C2 when carrying out a EICR. Can someone with more knowledge on this please help me out here.

Thanks in advance

Hi all.

I'm a little confused with what's correct here. I was told from a tradesman that any circuits in bath/shower area and circuits supplying mobile equipment that can be used outdoors that were not on an RCD were to be a code C2 when carrying out a EICR. Can someone with more knowledge on this please help me out here.

Thanks in advance

Have a read of this: http://www.esc.org.uk/fileadmin/use...y/best_practice/BestPracticeGuide4-Locked.pdf

Specifically page 15

Hi IQ Electrical.

It says in code C2 that

Absence of RCD protection for portable or mobile equipment that may reasonably be expected to be used outdoors

Would this stand for socket outlets on ground floor domestic EICR as they could potentially use the socket to supply mobile equipment outdoors?

Hi IQ Electrical.

It says in code C2 that

Absence of RCD protection for portable or mobile equipment that may reasonably be expected to be used outdoors

Would this stand for socket outlets on ground floor domestic EICR as they could potentially use the socket to supply mobile equipment outdoors?

Personally I wouldn't just apply that per se to every ground floor socket outlet but you could argue the case for RCD protection to be provided for a socket outlet near the back/front door or in a garage, all of which would be favourite for a lawnmower etc.

I was told from a tradesman that any circuits in bath/shower that were not on an RCD were to be a code C2 when carrying out a EICR.

Depends what circuit but say shower circuit C3

Edit : as tele says with bonding C3 without C2

C2 for outlet socket used for portable outdoor equipment without RCD

Last edited by a moderator:
and a C2 for bathroom circuits without RCD and no supplementary bonding.

Hi all.

Thanks in advance

C3

Who is this "a tradesman" and what are you? Sparky or homeowner?

Reply to EICR info in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net