Discuss EICRs and LANDLORDS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the thing is mods themselfs answer to the admin aka lenny and cannot mod log files so its all there in black and white, he will have been banned prior and i bet a tenner there are logs proving it

Love it , shanky don't forget to sign out of one before you sign into another lol

I never read that into his posts Dave.
His main line was that he saw EICRS as a money spinner for electricians. He was wrong. He also seemed to have a poor view of electricians, though he never said as much.
You and other's think his posts warrented a ban, I'm not convinced.

Fair enough, we all have our own perspective on different things.

Merv was asked on a number of occasions to substantiate his money spinning EICR claims and his assertion that it was electricians that were trying to criminalise landlords despite this he continued with what IMO was a goading / trolling attitude in his posts without providing any substance to his claims. At some point I believe someone would have ended up with a ban and unfortunately on this occasion it was him

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and everyone will have a differing view of that opinion but if someone is asked to back up that opinion with fact and then they just blindly carry on the same line without backing it up with the facts is asking for problems

This is my last post on this thread as it seems to be going round in circles.
Also it's looking like I am defending a fool rather than a principle.

Merv was asked on a number of occasions to substantiate his money spinning EICR claims and his assertion that it was electricians that were trying to criminalise landlords

These were his opinions, that is my point.

I think that in the main that letting agents are rip off merchants, most now charge the person who will be renting the property as well as the landlord, and unfairly keeping deposits. Also renewing contracts every year or 6 months and charging for the privilege.
These are my opinions, please don't ask me to prove this.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion

Well, yeah, as long as it's the same opinion as some mods.

That's it, no more posts on this thread for me,
Especially as I disagree with the mods.

This is my last post on this thread as it seems to be going round in circles.
Also it's looking like I am defending a fool rather than a principle.

I think you are quite correct.

These were his opinions, that is my point.

Merv was given opportunities to clarify the point he was trying to make and chose to troll out the same spiel without any evidence to back up his point with appearing to have a total disregard for the safety of his tenants

I think that in the main that letting agents are rip off merchants, most now charge the person who will be renting the property as well as the landlord, and unfairly keeping deposits. Also renewing contracts every year or 6 months and charging for the privilege.
These are my opinions, please don't ask me to prove this.

That is another point entirely but Merv never slated them

Well, yeah, as long as it's the same opinion as some mods.

Quoting me out of context only shows your comment has no grounds and totally belittles your debating of what has happened as I'm sure there is more than just the mods who would have banned him

That's it, no more posts on this thread for me,
Especially as I disagree with the mods.

There are times when we have to agree to disagree

Reply to EICRs and LANDLORDS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net