Discuss EICRs and LANDLORDS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He reminds me of that Katy Hopkins woman who just seems to keep coming out with pointless drivel while ever TV companies and newspapers will give her the opportunity. Nothing personal Merv, just my thoughts. Daz

It's remarkable how posts get misunderstood and posters get misrepresentedon forums.
Take darkwood's last effort where I am the target of his grandstanding.

As an example:
'we are all out to rip customers off with in your view'needless certificates'

I've never written anything like that

All that nonsense about me and even after I'd posted this earlier:

''It also appears that my point about mandatory EICRs has been spectacularly missedby more than one, and they think I have something against safety and EICRs.
This is not myview at all.

I see EICRs asinsurance against certain litigation where landlords are concerned.

Sensiblelandlords already ensure they have one for every property they let.
They're cheapenough anyway if you know where to get them from.''

And then there's this tripe from Andy78,

You've entered this thread and called electricians ripoff merchants

Can you point out where I've referred to electricians as ''ripoff merchants'' please?

Merv I have highlighted the relevant parts that showcase your attitude and that will ultimately get you banned, which is close believe me, You are quite clearly baiting members and trolling the forum and it stops now, if you are not going to participate in a grown up manner then don't keep repeating yourself with the same thing.

This is your last warning on the matter, either engage in the thread in the correct manner or I will issue an immediate ban, Your choice.

Merv I have highlighted the relevant parts that showcase your attitude and that will ultimately get you banned, which is close believe me, You are quite clearly baiting members and trolling the forum and it stops now, if you are not going to participate in a grown up manner then don't keep repeating yourself with the same thing.

This is your last warning on the matter, either engage in the thread in the correct manner or I will issue an immediate ban, Your choice.

Too late mate I've just banned him. He had previously been warned.

can you leave the topic running for a bit.

guys what is a landlord certificate i thought it was the basics ze,zs, visual etc.

ok guys i know some people around here just do ze,zs and make the rest up in the van, what is your experience of this

can you leave the topic running for a bit.

guys what is a landlord certificate i thought it was the basics ze,zs, visual etc.

ok guys i know some people around here just do ze,zs and make the rest up in the van, what is your experience of this

Its an EICR when referred to by the geniuses employed in the estate agency trade!

Did the NICEIC dream this one up?

Not sure of the point of them really!

Yes although I don't think they print the duplicate certs anymore. I have seen these foul beasts though. The intention was for them to form a visual check with a bit of paperwork for rented properties between periodic inspection and testing or on change of tenant.

Naturally this got abused and cowboys were soon convincing clients that this was the only form they needed. Quick coat of looking at, no testing, £50 please !

This is why some landlords nowadays think that a EICR should cost peanuts and take 30 mins.

Here's the Elecsa version, I can't find any NICEIC examples
http://www.elecsa.co.uk/Documents/C...icates/Domestic-Visual-Inspection-Report.aspx

Last edited:
Yes although I don't think they print the duplicate certs anymore. I have seen these foul beasts though. The intention was for them to form a visual check with a bit of paperwork for rented properties between periodic inspection and testing or on change of tenant.

Naturally this got abused and cowboys were soon convincing clients that this was the only form they needed. Quick coat of looking at, no testing, £50 please !

This is why some landlords nowadays think that a EICR should cost peanuts and take 30 mins.

Here's the Elecsa version, I can't find any NICEIC examples
http://www.elecsa.co.uk/Documents/C...icates/Domestic-Visual-Inspection-Report.aspx

Nail.... head.... hit.....

An EICR is one thing. A visual report is another story.

A local Lettings agent I do bits for has asked me to do PAT and visual inspections for them occasionally. Only when their usual guy isn't available and can I do it for the same price?
I do them, because to be honest their usual price is pretty damned good! But I don't think they like me doing them, because I keep failing things!
What I do for a visual inspection is follow the inspection schedule of an EICR and produce the EICR paperwork with circuit details filled in but no testing.

I've been on callouts to places that the usual guy has supposedly tested. Sometimes to look at faulty appliances with his nice green stickers on them as soon as the tenant has moved in!

A local Lettings agent I do bits for has asked me to do PAT and visual inspections for them occasionally. Only when their usual guy isn't available and can I do it for the same price?
I do them, because to be honest their usual price is pretty damned good! But I don't think they like me doing them, because I keep failing things!
What I do for a visual inspection is follow the inspection schedule of an EICR and produce the EICR paperwork with circuit details filled in but no testing.

I've been on callouts to places that the usual guy has supposedly tested. Sometimes to look at faulty appliances with his nice green stickers on them as soon as the tenant has moved in!

That's fair enough and a lot more thorough than the usual visual.

I did offer "interim" tests myself but only after I had either carried out an EICR or had a fairly recent one to look at. I based it on a visual inspection with Zs and RCD tests. It became that close to an EICR I stopped seeing the point.

This is why you script comes out with missing spaces etc, its coded with a similar software but not identical so when you copy and paste little bits are lost in translation leading to small errors appearing.

As for your other issues if you can express what hardware (laptop, phone etc), what OS and what browser you are using it may be worth admin looking into, as far as I'm aware you are the only one to report this issue about words not appearing and having to type again, your initial copy and paste may alter the font, colour etc settings possibly making the words white if you paste from a page where the background is dark this affect may have locked in as default, Ill have a word with admin' as its not my field and I could have just been talking gobbledygook.
This happens all the time for me Darkwood. I can't cut and paste into the reply window, so it's not that. It seems that not all the key strokes are displayed, hence words get joined together. Doesn't happen when I use my laptop, which uses google chrome. Interestingly, as I've typed these couple of sentences the fault hasn't displaye itse .........spke to soon! I use othe imia forums anddon't experience the fault. I use IE 11, Win 7.

This happens all the time for me Darkwood. I can't cut and paste into the reply window, so it's not that. It seems that not all the key strokes are displayed, hence words get joined together. Doesn't happen when I use my laptop, which uses google chrome. Interestingly, as I've typed these couple of sentences the fault hasn't displaye itse .........spke to soon! I use othe imia forums anddon't experience the fault. I use IE 11, Win 7.

I was using the same setup, but I've started using Chrome and I don't have any more issues

Im on Chrome as I had issues a long time ago with Internet Explorer.. I take it nothing has changed.
Yep it's still the same, I should try something else, but got all my favourites etc set up on my current browser and I can't be a***d to copy them across, so I'll have to put up with it. As I said though, it doesn't happen on a couple of other forums I use with the same format?

Reply to EICRs and LANDLORDS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net