Discuss elec. power to a garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not under fault conditions but with the Mickey Mouse soft test of a loop tester you may get inaccurate results.

it is the perennial power to a shed post. there should be a separate forum on this site for anything to do with running power to a shed or garage. maybe we could make a lovely step by step diagram and guide on how to do it, how to test etc... as a week doesnt go by without the same questions cropping up. I do recall the IET and NAPIT making a similar guide a few years back - wiring matters? it was simple enough to follow, only thing is the diy'ers started getting to work causing chaos.

Theres an idea. electriciansforum pdf files or little guidance notes. all nicely branded and sold to folks out there... could be lucrative for the site!!

In the grand tradition of shed-threads......Somebodies got to suggest TT-ing it. I volunteer.

TT the b****r.

65564677.jpg

I actually wired a shed this very day. 4mm all the way SWA then T&E and Zs of 0.63 at the furthest socket. :)
your MBE is in the post. ( send cheque to Campaign for Attention of Shire Horses. if that's a bit too long, just use the abbreviation C.A.S.H. ).

Reply to elec. power to a garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all Now being upfront I am not a sparks. I am about to have some work done by a friend (certified) and as he is doing me a favour I want to as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm planning on adding some lighting to an old stone shed, there's currently a 2.5mm² SWA supply to the shed only supplying one IP rated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock