Discuss Electric car battery 200 miles with 6 mins charge time in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

What happens when the battery degrades over time? Just an example but your phone battery won't run as long in 2 years as it does now, and how much will you have to spend to get a 3phase system in your house to charge your tesla? If possible at all? My diesel van engine won't loose charging capability over time and it doesn't require me to plug it in at my house and it can be filled up all over the country, not just as designated charge points. The mileage range is a lot longer too. The government are out of touch with reality if they think punishing diesel vehicles is going to punish the hard working men and women In the country for fuelling their vehicles they rely on to work. Unless of course someone comes up with a magical battery powered long range self charging solution with large engine torque capability.

Sorry for the rant!! Maybe not the time and place but that's my view on things!

I think as time goes on, they will refine the designs of batteries and chargers,
Thinks will get better, just give them some time
They have already come a long way in a short time.
But the good thing is when internal combustion engines and diesels eventually die out there will be a lot less pollution in the air, due to no exhaust fumes
And a lot less noise too.

and the biggest cause of global warming carries on regardless. cows will still fart. should we now phase out milk and beef. drinking soya milk and fake meat?

i know. somebody start work on building electric cows.

still got my commie :) and it works, I'm sure a lot of todays pc's wont in 30 years
Out of interest,are all the mileage quotes for electric cars based on summer use where the electric heater is not required?I would imagine mileage in winter would be much less.
Regards.

Reply to Electric car battery 200 miles with 6 mins charge time in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net