Discuss Electrical Condition Reports in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sl1210

Hi guys,

I am now a member of Elecsa, and was wandering if I can legally carry out electrical condition reports. The assessor said I can as I competent, but Elecsa don't do them anymore.

Slightly confused...

A competent person needs to be a member of a scheme if he wants to use their version of the IET model forms
Forms for electrical contractors - IET Electrical
There is no restriction on reports,you should however be competent,joining a scheme and using theirs is a business decision only

These are the original Bs 7671 forms,they are to he used for installation and reports, unless you use a scam altered form which has to have the same level of information as these real deal ones (the scams may use lots of stupid needless tick boxes to keep you in good order no doubt),however these are the boys to use
Elecsa would only model them and tart them up with pretty colours anyway

yeah i know they have done in the past. but from what i was told they will stop doing their own elecsa condition report forms.

maybe i should grab as many as i can if they are still around.

the blank forms would i'm pretty sure put people off when given to them

Use the IET ones, THEY wrote them and they're FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why pay to use someone else's one? And if you join a scheme that says you must use theirs, you only have yourself to blame.

Exactamundo!!!! Customers will not even notice that a logo is there or not. There only bothered about, price. And if its safe although this comes second to price!!
If your that bothered, just download the blank pdf and you've got it for life.

What I always wanted was a copy of the forms with another copy attached so I could keep a copy, don't particularly enjoy taking photocopies before handing over paperwork. Not joining a scheme either.

What I always wanted was a copy of the forms with another copy attached so I could keep a copy, don't particularly enjoy taking photocopies before handing over paperwork. Not joining a scheme either.

You can get your own paperwork (or have it designed for you) printed on NCR pads so that you automatically have a copy each time, looks very professional (so I do not do this:confused:!)

I've seen you can do that, but as said , as long as good job and price is seen.

I can write them on blank forms and then input too PDF , save and print under customer test Certs..

Didn't know that, you know what companies do this?
Well most printing companies will do this for you. You may need to buy ten pads of 50 duplicates at about £80 or so.

Probably worth a quick Google on "Printed NCR pads" you may find some companies that do small quantities.
It will be cheapest if you can provide the copy and keep to monochrome.
The companies I used to use were more for supplying 500 pads of 100 copies on a six monthly cycle.

Reply to Electrical Condition Reports in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net