Discuss Electrical software for mac's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

arctic

Im sure this topic has been covered before but I can't seem to find any answers. Can anyone recommend a good electrical testing software that is fully compatible with Mac? All the ones that I've looked at are windows only. Also looking for software to help with producing quotes and invoices etc that is focused towards the electrical industry, any help greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your search…I tried searching for some software a while back, but lost interest as I think all of the available software is windows based. I ended up making my own certs on Word using tables, its time consuming but they look the part and are free. Alternatively you could use the online editable cert software available through elecsa & niceic.

Good luck with your search…I tried searching for some software a while back, but lost interest as I think all of the available software is windows based. I ended up making my own certs on Word using tables, its time consuming but they look the part and are free. Alternatively you could use the online editable cert software available through elecsa & niceic.

you could use the windows software through wine.

that would probably be the easiest way, personally I dont like dualbooting but you could or run windows in vm

Yea I know virtuallisation software is a possibility, but it just seems so wrong to let windows anywhere near a mac...it will all start going wrong and you'll open yourself up to virus infiltration and infection:sad_smile:

Oh dear, I seem to have wrongly implied that I know what Im talking about:D

Permission based protection?

I just have an over - riding ilogical distrust of windows

Oh dear, I seem to have wrongly implied that I know what Im talking about:D

Permission based protection?

I just have an over - riding ilogical distrust of windows

for example in linux unless something is given/ run in root then it cant access system etc.

its kinda hard to explain after ive had a couple ill explain in morning when I head to work.

google chmod and that will explain (kinda)

So basically theres no easy solution! Its about time one of the software developers seized on this gap in the market and released decent testing software on a Mac platform.

So basically theres no easy solution! Its about time one of the software developers seized on this gap in the market and released decent testing software on a Mac platform.

why? mac users are a very small market share.

the reason why there are not a lot of programes for them is because people are used to windows from work so they use it at home.

Reply to Electrical software for mac's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net