Discuss Electrican training/van in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

12v to 11kv ? thats a big jump but heres how it can work Domestics is one avenue Indusrtrial Commercial is a 2nd HV is a third and then you can branch off to alarms intruder/fire Facilities maintenance HVAC controls I could go on I also know guys in the first 3 that will not and do not dip their toes into the others ie HV spark will not do domestic , Domestic sparks that cannot do industrial commercial . So decide what you want to do then stick at it dont jump around or you will be Jack of all Master of none.
OK what did I do time served Industrial/Commercial then Intruder/Fire alarms/ then HVAC BMS controls then Facilities maintenance then small domestic electrical repairs so whats the big deal none realy but you need to adapt to survive

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Probably only 15 weeks now Tony!!! 15 week MV wonders!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]lol!!! :shocked3:

Trouble is I’ll bet there’s a company out there running a MV course just like that.

The last one I went on was so watered down it was a joke. It’s now HV appreciation, not the HV system management course I first went on. The students now aren’t even allowed to work live on the LV system. Fitting links in to a live underground box was fun, I paralleled two 250KVA transformers that had the tap changers deliberately set out of balance to give some good flashes and bangs. A 4-way link box took some getting your head around. The one I was playing with had 3 transformers feeding it.

My first time with the EMEB we were testing live on 11KV, now you just watch the tutor doing it. I’ll admit I was nervous the first time I phased out a new 11KV feeder, crawling in the cubical with the “hot sticks” is a bit daunting. Protection relays were just skated over, no real theory of their operation. Differential protection was totally ignored until I asked about it.

You can be sure of that!!! If they can see money to be made, then there will certainly be companies exploiting it... Testing with hot sticks and phasing sticks didn't really bother me that much, ....got told off a couple of times for dragging the sticks away from the terminals taking the ark with them. Well it was such a pretty blue colour, and made noises like rice krispies, that i remembered from a kid, ...i couldn't resist it. ..lol!!!

Reply to Electrican training/van in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net