Discuss Eliminating subwoofer hum/buzz in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kropaske

-
Arms
Reaction score
Got myself a home theater kit the other day but my sub makes humming/buzzing noise when powered on. I guess it's the noise from AC network. So for testing I plug it in to the shaver socket as it's separated transformer and most of the noise is gone.
So i need to connect it through isolation transformer of some sort. I would like to keep it as small as possible and sub is only 100w.
Any suggestions?

Wave your magic "Volt stick / fairy wand near the cases"...
1x earth may help -near an amp- ( do they do digi / optical inputs on subs !)
..sadly the best speaker to hear any 50Hz hum on..

I did try with earth to the casing but no joy.
Inputs are RCA but even without anything connected I got hum so it must be from AC.
Basically I need something like THAT but much smaller as only need to pull around 100w and need to fit in the cabinet

Reply to Eliminating subwoofer hum/buzz in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a quick query. I have a bathroom mirror with built in shaver socket and isolating transformer. However, it is not switched and is...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock