Discuss European Sockets in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

I believe your just the man for Spanish installs. I'll take that on board Mayfair. Do you know where I can get a copy/download Spanish regs?

Knowing how unintelligible our regs are at times, imagine the potential unreadability of the Spanish version, written in Spanish?!
Unless you're fluent in Spanish of course. :)

I believe your just the man for Spanish installs. I'll take that on board Mayfair. Do you know where I can get a copy/download Spanish regs?

Knowing how unintelligible our regs are at times, imagine the potential unreadability of the Spanish version, written in Spanish?!
Unless you're fluent in Spanish of course. :)
I'm nowhere near fluent but can tell bits and bobs. I get what you mean tho, it must be a real headache for expat sparks!

I'll look into earthed "Schukos" with DP switches but Sintra might be onto something with the buying in bulk & selling idea. Least then she'd be covered should something go wrong!

Aye, could add a nice little mark-up on the price too. Should help pay for the towels they nick.

You cannot and i repeat cannot install Uk sockets.

Who is going to stop you?? Let's face it, you are just adding a supplementary BS socket outlet in bedrooms to accommodate holidaymakers small personal appliances. If Cyprus had not used the BS outlet as it's national standard, i'd have almost certainly done the same thing in the small rental property we have, that we primarily rent out to British holidaymakers....

Bit different if you changed every socket outlet in the property to the BS 1363 system and then tried selling the property on the open Spanish market.

Fair enough eng. I don't think Spain has an earthing system do they? Will have to slap a few rods in and TT it

Spain like many other European/Mediterranean countries uses both PME and TT and even TN-S earthing systems, but mainly it is TT and PME and can be dependant where you are. (eg, ... rural, or town/city)

Reply to European Sockets in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net