Discuss Extension in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scre1970

Hi, I am doing a extension on the side of a bungalow,containing 4 rooms,ther are to have a ring main put in,lighting,radial for two sockets,that he wants independent for computers.there are 3 spare in board,one of the new rooms is a toilet.question would you come of the existing lights,covered by rcd or always put on a new circuit.the radial I'm putting on its own mcb,same question for ring main.many thanks.

from your OP, this is not a DIY job. the work needs testing and certifying. you need to employ the services of a qualified electrician.

Changing light switches, socket tops even adding a light to existing circuit may be acceptable as DIY but as above your work you intend to do requires indepth knowledge of the 17th BS7671 to ensure the safety of persons and property and requires appropriate testing equipment to confirm all is safe and meets regulation so again 'as above' seek onsite professional guidance or use a qualified competent person.

Amazing what people post, and on Christmas Day.

my constructive advice is to employ a spark to do it right and that way the client would have a decent install AND the compliance paperwork

Reply to Extension in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back