Discuss finally got a start!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
i finally got a start, want to here few views and points of your fine selves. i have to get train 1hour 30 mins each way, so i dont want to take my toolbox. to big, ive never worked with electricians before so what tools would you reccomend as minimum i take with me.. thanks r

congrats mate. best thing to do is get a tool roll and take the drivers, snips , pliers, etc. mine is able to hold a hammer as well.

i finally got a start, want to here few views and points of your fine selves. i have to get train 1hour 30 mins each way, so i dont want to take my toolbox. to big, ive never worked with electricians before so what tools would you reccomend as minimum i take with me.. thanks r

Its a bit hard to to tell you everything that you will need mate without knowing what type of work you'll be doing. I mean, my domestic tool kit is different from the tool kit that I use on commercial work for instance - ie stocks and dies, footprints, red head tappers etc etc etc... also will you need to supply your own 110v drill and lead? If its domestic, then will you be working in confined spaces, where you will be on your knees a lot? You will need knee pads for instance. More info please mate.

Good on you fella, get what you can comfortably in a rucksack, and at least a drill case in one of your hands, that is if a tester is not required.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe pair of pliers too, its first day il have a look round , its in a university so god knows what im doing or their doin
Then the chances are that it will be commercial work - unless you're working in the dorms. Anyway, hacksaw, set square, files, grips, bush key, boat level, marker pens, chalk line, socket set, allan keys, starrett cutters, tin snips, Feel free to add please fellas.

yes feel free, have hacksaw, set square , grips, pens , socket set, aallen keys, tin snips, whats a boat level just a small 1 300mm and whats starrett cutters

hacksaw, set square, files, grips, bush key, boat level, marker pens, chalk line, socket set, allan keys, starrett cutters, tin snips, Feel free to add please fellas.

aye, if all good il have all me tools sorted within the week, have loads as being novice diy'r , no 110v tho, well long day ahead tomorrow, will miss the babies but that life for now, over and out

Starrett cutters are used to cut holes in metal trunking, so that you can join conduit and swa cable glands to them, and also for recessed lights ( of various types) in pasterboard ceilings.

Get your self a wiha multi tool handle and bits save carrying loads of screw drivers, snips ,pliers ,tape, hack saw ,set of prods ,hammer , what ever you do, do not take a stanley knife especially on a train as it could be classed as an offensive weapon

Get your self a wiha multi tool handle and bits save carrying loads of screw drivers, snips ,pliers ,tape, hack saw ,set of prods ,hammer , what ever you do, do not take a stanley knife especially on a train as it could be classed as an offensive weapon
How funny you should say that Nick, when I was young and just starting out I was arrested and charged for carrying a 'point or bladed article in a public place'... My crime? I had a stanley knife, tape measure, bradawl, and terminal driver in my coat pocket that I had forgotten to put away in my tool box. When we packed up at Xmas. £200 fine, £50 costs and a criminal record that stopped me getting a job at the MOD in whitehall back in 1998.

Reply to finally got a start!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net