Discuss finally got a start!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

can you give me link for affordable tool kits, that you think good value yourselfs, thanks and il get a look tommorow night , bye sweeties

can you give me link for affordable tool kits, that you think good value yourselfs, thanks and il get a look tommorow night , bye sweeties

elektrafix or however its spelt had a fully loaded ck tech bag in the last time i was in. had the full set of drivers snips pliers hammer etc for a ton plus the vat. makita also do an electricians set but i am not sure how much it is. the ck rucksack may be a better option if your on the train mate

this one
good price on it mate. may be worth messaging hi and asking if they would give you the rucksack instead of the tech bag if thats better for trailing about. good luck with the job mate. i am well chuffed for anyone who manages to get a start in the current times :D

got the same one it has most things you will need and fairly easy to carry only downside the shouder strap has a plastic part that snaps easy so have to be careful or you will end upusing the ordinary carry handles lol

Congratulations.
You must be made up getting the start.
When buying tools go for a good make, save you money in the long run.
Regards
Mike.

well the 1st day was putting steel cunduit on a curved wall at a big height, working of stairs with no scaffold, dodgy enough. hope the end of dodgy working practices, cause i wont do it next time unless scaffold

I heard otherday of Policw stopping a carpetfitter walking across the carpark from van to store with stanley in hand PURE PISH waste of resources when young lads can run round with swords ect ect ect

How funny you should say that Nick, when I was young and just starting out I was arrested and charged for carrying a 'point or bladed article in a public place'... My crime? I had a stanley knife, tape measure, bradawl, and terminal driver in my coat pocket that I had forgotten to put away in my tool box. When we packed up at Xmas. £200 fine, £50 costs and a criminal record that stopped me getting a job at the MOD in whitehall back in 1998.

i was working on a job where we were installing/glanding 120mm 4c, and ive got a large prying bar, that is pointed ot one end. I carried that on the train, and nothing was said. i always hev stan in my toolbag, and its blatantly obvious to anyone that im a tradesman of some description. a screwdriver is just as dangerous.

well the 1st day was putting steel cunduit on a curved wall at a big height, working of stairs with no scaffold, dodgy enough. hope the end of dodgy working practices, cause i wont do it next time unless scaffold

Great to be using conduit- I bet your day flew in.
Keep safe my friend, no tears for your wife and young daughter.
Regards, Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep screwdriver could be dangerous if you wanted it to be, but you english love the knife as weapon

As opposed to semtex or dry mix? And before you start on me, I ain't taking the mick outta the troubles, as my old dear hails from Dundonald. I just wasn't gonna let that one go unanswered!!!! LOL

Reply to finally got a start!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net