Discuss generators and solar pannels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
While chatting to a customer today, he said when his solar was installed 30kw 3 phase the connected to the mains in side of change over switch. As if conected straight into db when generator runs it will be making solar power as well and generator wont like it. Now in our yard we have generator and solar is straight in to db. 10kw 70 kva generator. I naturally switch solar of before starting genny but what would happen if not

I was under the impression it had to be wired in before the generator so on loss of mains loss of pv occurred even if generator was on

Thinking about it yes but were mine is wired in its a sub db and wouldnt have been practical / cost to get back to main change over switch

Practicality / cost is irrelevant in this case, it's the regulations that matter .....

So - how did you prove your loss of mains on commissioning ?

Actually when you know what you're doing it's not that difficult or too expensive to be compliant.

Reply to generators and solar pannels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Green2go Launches for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable Needs Green2Go - for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable...
Replies
Views
Just a query. As people have been asking me about changeover switches and generators. If a domestic house already has PV solar, and customer...
Replies
Views
So I have completed a rewire on a house that had stood empty for several years, vandals had stripped the place including pulling all of the cables...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Good Morning All! Always appreciate reading the great ideas and conversations in the forums, and now actually have a chance to ask a question...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock