Discuss good books on testing and certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Farky

Hi I am looking for a book or dvd for advice on testing and certification.
I am fine doing all the testing but I am useless at form filling and always forget things on my certificates.
Is there anything I can get ?

Hi Farky, i have read a number of test and inspection books.One excellent read(only domestic installs tho) but highly recommended is "The part P DOCTOR by Alan Lynch. A very easy to read book explained in simple terms, i don't know any books specifically dedicated to just form filling.Hope this helps.

Also down load FOR FREE electrical safety council. Electrical condition reporting. It explains
a little bit about classification codes for problems that you may come across when testing. And not sure what code to give it

i have alan lynch part p and chris kitcher and gn3 and others no doubt ,, for some reason dont eant to part with them, do any of you feel the same

There are some really good books by B Scadden, my 2391 lecturer recommended these and they were a great help

I passed and didnt have a clue to be honest

As much as it pains me to say this but niceic do sell excellent DVDs on testing and others. I've seen a couple that my son got hold of. But they are not cheap....

If you are wanting DVDs, then its cheaper to subscribe to the Leaning Lounge for a year and watch the videos on there.

After your first years subscription, I reckon you'll be OK with everything, so shouldn't have to pay a second years subscription.

Reply to good books on testing and certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net