Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Interesting. I suspected faulty limit switches in mine...it would either do nothing or run for about 3 seconds and then stop in one direction and run fine in the other direction.
Latterly the little cog light would come on which the manual said was motor failure.
It seems happy enough again with the new motor. If I have time I'll take a look at the old motor...

Similar symptoms to mine, but not exactly the same.

Crikey morning everyone! We had a tremendous storm from about 4am here! Had to run outside and rescue our cat from under a wheelbarrow! Heavy 🌧️ 🍃 and ⚡ ⛈️ too!

It's still super windy here now! Anyone else?

Similar here in N Devon, but didn't hear any thunder. Takes a lot to wake me up in the night, but it was absolutely hammering down at about that time with the wind gusting and shaking the windows in their frames. I've seen the cat this morning, so it looks like he found somewhere safe.

Today I take the van in for a service then off to the Widnes works office to get my new works phone. Nothing wrong with the old one but been told it has to be updated. Hopefully it wont take long. Then back in to the power station until I get the call telling me the van is ready to collect. Quite a boring day.

crop_147_Screenshot_20240416-033836_Chrome.png

Helping a friend with a bit of roofing today

Morning all! Been super busy the past few days! Weather has been terrible. How's everyone's week going?

This morning has been a bit eventful already. In a 400kV switchyard in a cherry picker. Two of us well up in the air checking a Hapam earth, lost all power on the picker. Just stuck up there. One of the other guys on the ground tried everything but the picker was totally dead. Luckily the site had their own cherry picker so we had to do a mid air basket transfer to get down. Happy days 🙂

Ooh are you scared of heights?

lost all power on the picker. Just stuck up there.

No emergency release valves on it? Mine has a couple of orange painted valves that release the pressure in the two main rams.

Happened to me once, when there was no one around. My wife was supposed to be there, but had gone off about 300 yards away to do some garden clearing and couldn't hear me shouting. After a while, I found that by pushing one 'rotate' button and shaking the thing at the same time, I could get it to slowly move over to above the apex of a nearby roof. Once there, I lowered myself onto the ridge, moved along it to a valley, down the valley onto a single storey roof, across that roof, and onto a six foot adjacent wall.
Fault turned out to be one of the 'jacks down' microswitched.

No emergency release valves on it? Mine has a couple of orange painted valves that release the pressure in the two main rams.
Nope. That was the first thing the guy on the ground looked for. We had enough time in the basket the go through the manual. All emergency operation assumes you have power either from the diesel engine or the battery. We didn't have either. The fitter who came out couldnt get it going. It's still up in the air waiting for someone else to come out.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net