Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Without digging out the regs books, can anyone comment on the RCD socket he removed and replaced with a regular socket? Isn't a socket there full stop against regs since it's directly over a sink?

Without digging out the regs books, can anyone comment on the RCD socket he removed and replaced with a regular socket? Isn't a socket there full stop against regs since it's directly over a sink?
It may have been added in at some point, and if there's no RCD protection in the consumer unit, is a way to provide RCD protection compliance for the new work. Let's hope not though cos del just removed it....

It may have been added in at some point, and if there's no RCD protection in the consumer unit, is a way to provide RCD protection compliance for the new work. Let's hope not though cos del just removed it....
I just don't understand why, even if there is RCD protection at the board, you'd remove that socket for no reason, given where it is. I thought all sockets had to be at least 300mm away from the edge of a sink but not 100% sure of the regs on this

I just don't understand why, even if there is RCD protection at the board, you'd remove that socket for no reason, given where it is. I thought all sockets had to be at least 300mm away from the edge of a sink but not 100% sure of the regs on this
I think the 300mm rule was one one of the older Regs that no longer applies anymore. I have seen pop up sockets fitted in brand new kitchens right next to a new sink way closer than 300mm

If memory serves me correctly it stated in the electrician's guide to the building regs that sockets should be at least 300mm from he edge of the sink's basin

I can't believe i've just sat and watched some guy charge £50 to spend half hour putting on three bits of trunking after debating skirting height for a wall that's gonna be boxed in.. Talk about spinning out a 10 minute job.
The money he apparently charges you'd have thought he could afford a laser level, or a least a 4foot spirit.

With the work the homeowner had already done in the house I'm surprised she didn't fit the trunking herself to be honest.

I'm not really sure what the point of the video is to be honest. There's not a lot to take from it.

I can't believe i've just sat and watched some guy charge £50 to spend half hour putting on three bits of trunking after debating skirting height for a wall that's gonna be boxed in.. Talk about spinning out a 10 minute job.
Del charges £50.00 +VAT per half hour Monday - Friday (8am-4pm) and then £75.00 +VAT per half hour at all other times. With a minimum of 1 hour.

Del charges £50.00 +VAT per half hour Monday - Friday (8am-4pm) and then £75.00 +VAT per half hour at all other times. With a minimum of 1 hour.
Who gives a flying.... no one cares apart from the two people who seem to build their lives around him and this thread.

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net