Discuss GRAY Electrical PVC for Service Panel feed into the attic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have an old 30 breaker electrical service panel (from the early 1980's) that the main breakers are twisting to the side more and more and the cover panel no longer fits properly over them. I have decided that it is time to replace the service panel with a new one, as I feel this is turning into a safety issue. I purchased a new Levinton 30 breaker SMART service panel with remote controlled breakers. It will be nice to turn off the main water supply valve remotely.

The question is whether I can use GRAY electrical 2.5" PVC between the top of the service panel and into the attic for the Romex feeds? I will be installing 2 of these PVC pipes to accommodate the additional breaker circuits. I have seen homes around me that have used 1" GRAY electrical PVC pipe, but not sure if it was a DIY or professional install. Still waiting for local electrician to respond with an answer.

I am looking to have this issue (if it is one, which it probably is not) cleared up, so that when I get the electrician to install the new panel, it will not be an issue that will need to be resolved at that point.

Thanks

I have an old 30 breaker electrical service panel (from the early 1980's) that the main breakers are twisting to the side more and more and the cover panel no longer fits properly over them. I have decided that it is time to replace the service panel with a new one, as I feel this is turning into a safety issue. I purchased a new Levinton 30 breaker SMART service panel with remote controlled breakers. It will be nice to turn off the main water supply valve remotely.

The question is whether I can use GRAY electrical 2.5" PVC between the top of the service panel and into the attic for the Romex feeds? I will be installing 2 of these PVC pipes to accommodate the additional breaker circuits. I have seen homes around me that have used 1" GRAY electrical PVC pipe, but not sure if it was a DIY or professional install. Still waiting for local electrician to respond with an answer.

I am looking to have this issue (if it is one, which it probably is not) cleared up, so that when I get the electrician to install the new panel, it will not be an issue that will need to be resolved at that point.

Thanks
There is nothing in the code book that says you can’t install PVC pipe so you can sleeve cables to you attic

Reply to GRAY Electrical PVC for Service Panel feed into the attic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net