Discuss Green Deal Providers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

greendeal

Got some updates on the Green Deal. The government has announced the first list of official providers..

Green Deal Providers

Ampere GDP
Anglian Home Improvements
BritishEco
British Gas
CarbonLow Group
Carillion
Empower Community
Enact
E.ON
Gentoo Group
Grafton Group
Insta Group
Keepmoat
Kingfisher Future Homes
Mark Group
ReEnergise Finance
SIG plc
SSE
Stroma
Toriga Energy
Willmott Dixon Energy Services
Yorkshire Energy Services

Green Deal | Green Deal Scheme, Green Deal Finance, Green Deal Providers, Reports, Green Deal Installers & more..

These people aren't actually official Green Deal Providers - at least not yet. No body can be as the systems have not been set up to allow anyone to sign up.

All they have done is sign a letter of intent that indicates they intend to become GD Providers once it is possible to do so.

From what I gather Stroma may not be in the mix or not a large player in this.

Greandeal your site looks as if it is meant to have some official capacity, howerver I assume it is gearing up for sales purposes as you are asking people to register their interests.

There is a pilot scheme being run at the moment with Stroma and a few other potential providers, but as TedM rightly said the infrastructure is not yet in place to allow providers to participate.

erm not being funny, but isn't that website entirely misleading?

As I understand it the Green Deal can in no way be considered to be a government grant scheme, being as it's entirely based around loans, no grants.

If you're going to set up a website to provide information on something like this, you could at least get the basics right and help to clarify things rather than muddy the waters further.

I've even read through the first half of your information page and if I didn't know better myself I'd still have had no clue that the green deal was a loan and not a grant.

The green deal is for everyone who wants to put solar etc on there property and it makes it more affordable to the general public who havnt got large sums of money in a bank account.
check out the decc website for all info click on green deal

The ECO part of GD is a grant system, but it will not be available for everyone.
oh, what's the ECO part of GD?

first time I've heard anything about grants under green deal, though I must admit that my eyes tend to glaze over at the complexity of the scheme when I try to read anything about it.

there are no grants available just loans from energy sulppliers when the green deal comes out and you pay them back in your monthly elec bills but at the same time if you have solar you would benefit from the electric generated throughout the day.
the carbon trust do loans too but certain criteria has to be met by both eg payback within 7 yrs etc

The green deal will be a massive scheme come this october!!! i imagine The government will be advertising it too late summer.

ECO (energy company obligation) is as already said a grant available through the green deal from the big energy companies. I'm not 100% but I think it is aimed at people who cannot afford the payments or to help those on low incomes to reduce the size of the monthly payments.

These listed companies have all been accepted to start the green deal in the Autumn, a bit like a pilot scheme, with the intention of other companies joining in early 2012 from what I have heard (I know of someone who works in this dept. for one of the above mentioned companies)

Last edited by a moderator:
The ECO is the Energy Company Obligation part of Green Deal. This replaces the current CERT/CESP which funds free lightbulbs and cheap/free insulation (and provides large profits for the likes of EAGA).

The ECO is planned to be targeted to give grants to those in fuel poverty and with difficult to treat houses - such as insulation for solid walls.

As far as the supposed 22 Green Deal Providers are concerned all they have done is sign this document: http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/...eal--memorandum-of-understanding-provider.pdf

Ted, my understanding is that the free insulation that is being pushed again at the minute is the last of CERT and that when ECO comes in there won't be free cavity or loft insulation unless you're in the benefit/fuel poverty group. Is that right? Is there going to be significant grants for people in solid walls houses with oil/solid fuel/lpg heating?

I'm quite confused about how ECO and Green Deal will work together - I had assumed that the solid wall insulation grants through ECO would be more for social housing and any other type of housing (apart from fuel poor etc) would get their insulation through a loan with Green Deal. So free for the short term future but increased in price by October but with a loan available if you want it...

Yes, ECO will replace CERT/CESP. They currently cost about £1.8 billion a year and ECO will drop to £1.5 billion IIRC.

DECC haven't published the final details about ECO yet (as they haven't for any of GD) but this covers the broad scope - http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/...lp-where-it-is-needed-a-new-energy-compan.pdf

ECO will be available to 'top-up' the GD to address measures that cannot meet the 'Golden Rule' (where loan repayments are covered by bill savings) and this is expected to mainly apply to solid wall insulation. GD Providers are supposed to put this together automatically in some way.

I like the idea of the GD ! And potential to help improve the energy efficiency of a house.

However as I've said before and no one can answer is how do you value a house with a GD loan. And the implications with selling in a street where one neighbor has a GD and the other not. What stamp duty do they pay etc etc.

Have the DECC thought this through, mortgage companies, solicitors, estate agents, RICS know what to do ! (how do they value Solar with FIT income.....?)

The scheme would discriminate people who use their hard earned savings to pay for it ! As the street sold price would be depressed !

The RHI domestic side has been delayed however I do beleive the commecial side is still rolling out, there is a lot of potential to the commecial aspect but it is a big monster to feed.

PV is not the primary objective of the GD as far as I understand it, insulation and heating mechanisms are first priority, however it would be a better Idea for the smaller companies to swim upriver rather than expecting food to come down river.

Get together with plumbers, insulation companies, etc, etc so you have in effect a one stop team, generate your own leads and take them to the top for the funding, this is the way I see it working in the end. I do not beleive many GD Customers are going to apply to tescos, B&Q, etc for the green deal.

Reply to Green Deal Providers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net