Discuss Gridswitch fuse spur? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would have to say the fuse after switch scenario is probably safest but I could not be bothered to change the diagram, FCU carriers are designed to be safe to insert fuses even when energised as they are for unskilled use but no sense in increasing risk.
wire like this in that case.
View attachment 32430

At the risk of sounding pedantic you've drawn the supply as a radial, ie to be able to use a 32A OCPD you'd need to terminate 2 x 4mmĀ² wires in each terminal, except in the last, and then you need to get all the wires in the backbox to screw back the faceplate.
I don't think you'd get very far wiring it in a 2.5mmĀ² radial - you might be OK running a gas hob, extractor and possibly fridge freezer, but you might be in trouble if the compressor were to kick in while the washer dryer were running, especially if the customer had set it and gone out for the day expecting to come home to clean dry clothes but instead found a washer dryer full of clothes and water and a freezer full of food and water.

IMO it would be easier to wire this in a 2.5mmĀ² ring to be able to draw the 32A.

At the risk of sounding pedantic you've drawn the supply as a radial, ie to be able to use a 32A OCPD you'd need to terminate 2 x 4mmĀ² wires in each terminal, except in the last, and then you need to get all the wires in the backbox to screw back the faceplate.
I don't think you'd get very far wiring it in a 2.5mmĀ² radial - you might be OK running a gas hob, extractor and possibly fridge freezer, but you might be in trouble if the compressor were to kick in while the washer dryer were running, especially if the customer had set it and gone out for the day expecting to come home to clean dry clothes but instead found a washer dryer full of clothes and water and a freezer full of food and water.

IMO it would be easier to wire this in a 2.5mmĀ² ring to be able to draw the 32A.
Like an dedicated RFC just for the grid?. Yep like that design.

I am only showing the looping of the supply for the switches, a 20A radial for an extractor hood and 3 sets of lights would be fine, since we do not know the loading or the use for the switches to say it must be a 2.5mmĀ² 32A ring is failing to be pedantic!:wink_smile:

but just for you
Fuse and switch grid 2.jpg
however if it is a ring then you should be careful of grouping heavy loads on the ring (yeah right).

Reply to Gridswitch fuse spur? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net