Discuss Handy tools that you couldn't live without in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

apart from all the obvious ones is, fluke t5, snips, drivers, mft and led work light. it would have to be either my 18v durofix impact driver or the multitool.

apart from all the obvious ones is, fluke t5, snips, drivers, mft and led work light. it would have to be either my 18v durofix impact driver or the multitool.

Another thing you could have is a First Aid kit, splint, bandages and the most direct route from site to the local A&E. The last one was the only one I used lol.

Just getting my own back from the last time mate pmsl.

Another thing you could have is a First Aid kit, splint, bandages and the most direct route from site to the local A&E. The last one was the only one I used lol.

Just getting my own back from the last time mate pmsl.
that`s fine. How about your signed up for a corporate run this year :D and not in a police van

that`s fine. How about your signed up for a corporate run this year :D and not in a police van

Its already been and gone this year, besides, being in a police van reminds me of my teenage life.

I've still got the medal for that charity run. Should have given it to the police man that drove me to the finish line. I'm keeping the t-shirt though lol.

Bucket handle. Sounds stupid but it rules when you're trying to fish cables out of a studwall or ceiling. Also very handy for lv downlighters to push the trancformers/ jb etc out of the way. Was working on a firm doing pub refurbs and got the p**s ripped out of me for a total of 2 days. Then the labourers lost all their bucket handles!

The Lackey - he's one tool I couldn't do without he does all sorts of things I couldn't be bothered to do any more!

The Lackey aka tea maker, house basher, bacon sarnie fetcher, stooge, cable feeder, back scratcher, live tester!

Everyone is gonna hate me for this but........my smartphone

• Takes photos for future reference that i can add notes to
  • has calculator and cable calc app for quick on site calcs
  • internet for manufacturers data off websites/website price checking for quick estimates
  • LED torch
  • camera and video to use as an inspection camera under floors
  • calendar for noting dates
  • notepad for writing lists
  • PDF reader for easy access to technical docs
  • Games for toilet time :)

I wouldn't be lost without it, but it's damn useful !

trying to get my mobile phone to do all that. can't seem to get it sorted. images.jpegimages.jpegimages.jpeg

I remember my dad's mate having one of those Tel. Must have been around '83 ish. A great big motorola thing it was. The carry battery was like a car battery !

sets of handcuffs to keep the stupid bosses away from the panels we are working on. and butt armor to keep them from sticking it to us.:21:

a good sharpie marker and label ties when pulling in multiple cables in a motor control panel

Reply to Handy tools that you couldn't live without in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net