Discuss Has my dishwasher been ruined? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Agree with the OP, this could have been a warranty repair if some animal hadn't ripped it to bits.

There are ways to take units out of a fitted kitchen without destroying the unit or the kitchen and it doesn't have to be an end unit but I doubt your basic handyman would have the tools or knowledge to do it without causing problems

There are ways and means of doing most stuff, but for practical purposes kitchen units aren't straightforward to remove.

I was curious why you'd disagreed with my previous post, so this explanation is helpful. Ironically you've more or less agreed with my point in a roundabout way.

if a kitchen fitter can put it together, then my trusty hammer can surely take it apart. just recently cut down a kitchen unit from a double unit around 900mm to 300mm, to accommodate a dishwasher. refitted dvider as end panel, split a door and cut and rebuilt 6" narrower.

There are ways and means of doing most stuff, but for practical purposes kitchen units aren't straightforward to remove.

I was curious why you'd disagreed with my previous post, so this explanation is helpful. Ironically you've more or less agreed with my point in a roundabout way.
Kitchen units are not the difficult to remove unless it is a corner unit so I have no idea why you make it sound so difficult

I did not disagree with your post I put a dislike against it there is a difference. I don't see how I agreed with you in a roundabout way by suggesting a handyman may not be best equipped to remove a kitchen cupboard

if he has no free cash to pay, they will look at his income against expenditure.
chances are you will get a few £ a month ( if anything)

you could easily loose more than you optimistically can gain.

he says cupboard was to small to remove safely, court requires an independent survey, £200 spent for that,
£60 for court fees.
you are already risking more than you are likely to receive in pay out.

if it were me, i would give it up as a bad job, move on and enjoy life rather than spend the next 3 months worrying about a legal argument in court.
The only cost would be £35 of court fees. No survey cost as the engineer submitted a report to the insurer so I can use that. It won't take long to lodge and will hopefully put the wind up him so he settles. The dishwasher, used 2-3 times a week for four years and with a new heat pump, should have lasted ten years, so I'll claim 60% of its purchase cost (£569 x 60% = £340) plus the lost insurance excess (£50) plus £50 for his charge for wrecking it, total £440, and if he wants to settle will take £350.

Reply to Has my dishwasher been ruined? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net