Discuss Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Where’s my mate GMES? Has the hairy guy got lost?
Funnily enough, this is his most recent post:
Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 21.44.45.png

Aww, you guys! :) You're like ships that pass in the night...

Where’s my mate GMES? Has the hairy guy got lost?
I'm here Mike I've had a few things happening away from the forum but alls good mate.
Looks like I've missed a fair bit. Time to catch up by the look of it.

I'm here Mike I've had a few things happening away from the forum but alls good mate.

How can you qualify as an Administrator if you are barely around for most of the time to do any Administration?

You is taking the p!ss.

See - I think those who are saying electrical trainee, and whatnot are the ones that need to move on. We did that in the naughties. It's 9 frigging years latter and we still haven't accepted that it's a hard trade to get into as an existing skilled worker. So there are going to be half a dozen ways into it.

If it's staying, it needs another name. And half the people who have it need it taking off them.

Those with the mentor tag that aren't being professional on here need to lose that too perhaps?

And then maybe we step back let the forum run and see what complains come in again over a few months and see how new users are reacting to it.

I do backup the forum members you know. When the newbie member is out of line there's no way I back them up, they're probably other forums winding this one up and know which strings to pull.

And similar to the plumbing forum, DIY trying to touch Gas and get advice on that, it just can't be done. That brings me legal issues. So I'd never backup a DIYer whos attempting to touch something they shouldn't.

But there's a way we go about it. I know it's tiring when you clock a DIYer time after time and tell them get a sparks in, and you get cocky.

But ideally - we want them to use a sparks from this forum. So when I've sorted the directory out again, we want to be professional, and link them to that so one of our guy gets the job.

There's just a way to go about it. And again I'll say it, this isn't reddit or facebook. You can't just say what you want. Not all the time anyway.

Food for thought.

Another is forum mentor. I really tried to make a go of the trainee section but very very few forum mentors lived up to their title to assist.

Disappointing.

How can you qualify as an Administrator if you are barely around for most of the time to do any Administration?

You is taking the p!ss.
Because as staff we work as a team, sometimes we need time away from you bunch of wingers I've tried twice to put a smiley face at the end of comment but it wont let me.

I think this thread is turning in to a dissertation,of Animal Farm...:)

...and i only really understood that,after watching Life of Brian...

I suppose there is an argument,for everybody having the same Korean suit on.....Gaddafi had a lot of medals:oops:
The only other parallel i could draw,is if looking for advice,off two dudes in real life,you would have what you can see,and what you hear.

If what you heard did not convince,you would attempt a guess at authority,on what you saw...on site,this may be a variety of things,but on a forum,these are limited ;)

Never been much of a Muttley,so i'll go with the flow...

Hi hairy, nice to see you around, I suppose your earning millions with the business, hope so, is Glenn still working for you?

Reply to Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net