Discuss help me pick a sds and combi drill! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

Alright guys. im looking for a decent set of drills not to costy but no cheap crap i like the idea of one battery fits all. any ideas guys xD

I've got Bosch 18v lithium drills and impact driver and I wouldn't swap them for anything. The impact driver is also an impact wrench, so less to lug around. I've also got the Bosch 18v recip. saw, for cutting conduit etc. The kit takes the 1 battery type so I can swap them as I wish.

I havent used bosch in years, but have experience with makita and milwaukee. I use makita 18v lithium for all my cordless tools and milwaukee for my kango's and sds max drills. I've also used my a friends milwaukee battery stuff. My opinion is that milwaukee are a better built tool than the makita, but not enough to justify the difference in price. I think makita give the best value, price to quality wise.

how many different tools will you expand to in the future?

you can do your drilling with an 18v makita then pop the battery out and do some decking before putting it in your strimmer to cut the grass lol

no matter what brand you choose research the drill first.

for example i didnt realise bosch made sds drills with no chisel setting

Last edited:
Depends what music your into!
this is better and can run off 12 or 18v

e358120451c43639b2433a6ed7b3d8a4.jpg

sony speakers and i can add more quite easily and there is enough room for an amp etc in there if i wanted

Off topic
Hi Mike how are you getting on with the kt you had from me?
awesome mate got them both im my tool bag at times! also used it a few times when we gig live to see how much power where using on the stage so we can add lighting with out blowing a fuse xD working like a charm thanks again btw :p

When is the workplace you are visiting considered a work site? Radios are considered a safety risk on most well run sites as they interfere with official communication and distract the workforce, not only that why do the workforce all have different programmes on.

Dewalt all day long, milwaukee a close second, and makita if you're on a tight budget. Never had or used any bosch to comment but don't see to many boys using it which speaks volumes to me.

Reply to help me pick a sds and combi drill! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net