Discuss Help with down light spots in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevieboyracer

Hello I am wanting some help in finding some down lights that will be suitable for a job i am doing. I need to fit some downlights in a PVC ceiling so obviously I don't want them getting too hot and melting the plastic. The customer says that led are too expensive. Also I need them to be suitable for zone 1 but the other issue I have is the ceiling will only be dropped just slightly over 4" so they need to be quite a shallow fitting and they need enough space to breath. Any ideas where I can get a suitable fitting. Thank you

speak to your customer again regarding the benifits of LED IE. no lamps to change low running costs and not alot of heat , just give an idea approx saving per year per fitting is approximatly £18.00 and the halers have a 7 year warrenty

42w for six (approx) instead of 300w and about ten times the lamp life (if I remember right) no contest really.

There is no chance he will settle for LEDS. I have tried. I have fit some suitable ones before which were very low but fire rated too but I can't seem to find them now anywhere. Can anyone help. No LEDS though please. Thank you

Make a 300mm plywood cube with a halogen lamp fitted in a sheet of PVC on one side and let him leave it switched on for a few hours and watch the PVC melt.

Yes. Please can people just read the original question and try give me a helpful answer. LEDs are a no no and yes I know halogens get hot, thats why i want one that would be suitable like the ones i fit in the past that had a rubbery costing and yes i know it is notifiable. Just proper help please

If he wont take your guidance there is nothing else you can do . 35w is usually ok in decent quality plastic, what more can you do , thousands of downlights are in plastic ceilings. F rated for normally combustible surfaces although some plastics are fire retardant. Check with the relevant manufacturers.

I don't think you understand. That is not a type of light fitting or shop or website where I can order suitable fittings is it. I will explain again for you. In the past I purchased some halogen spots which had heat protection so it was suitable to mount in PVC. They were fire rated too but quite a small fitting so it was suitable to mount in small lowered ceilings and also zone 1. Please if any body knows where i can purchase some can you let me know. Now if you can't be helpful and maybe give me a link or tell me a shop which supplies them don't bother wasting my time. It's not big and it's not clever coming out with all these silly comments

Reply to Help with down light spots in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net