Discuss Henley Block inside fuse box ...:) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did he also say that he'd cut some strands of the earth core of the SWA to make it fit the earth bar???

there is not much there that i like.
and yes, right at the beginning he said he was going to cut some strands to fit it in earth bar.

Honestly, some strands missing from a 25mm earth cable are not likely to cause you any issues here, but its not right and I am amazed he has shown off this consumer unit change, nothing there to be proud of.

Nice to see the NIC AC standards haven't slipped...

Would have been easier to move the board up 10mm and re-terminate the SWA.

Chopping the earth strands out is just cowboyish and no fault rectification before hand? What happened to only energise when safe to do so?

Out of interest, what are the comments like in YouTube?

I’ve only been doing electrics for about 22-23 years so not that long compared to most on here.
but I can hand on heart say that I have never put Henley blocks inside a fuse board...
im a fan of Delroy , but there was several easier ways to get the cable to stretch to the switch

If that was me and it was an all metal board, I would have just swapped out the MCB's for RCBO's and been done, oh yes and tidying up those cables too what a mess to start with! And he could of split the 25mm earth over two terminals if it wouldn't fit into 1.
Poor from Del, I usually like his stuff but the last couple have made me start to wonder.

If that was me and it was an all metal board, I would have just swapped out the MCB's for RCBO's and been done, oh yes and tidying up those cables too what a mess to start with! And he could of split the 25mm earth over two terminals if it wouldn't fit into 1.
Poor from Del, I usually like his stuff but the last couple have made me start to wonder.
maybe he has changed his name to DelBoy the Spark, yes the posts have gotten worse,

Didn't see this before I listed him in ones I occasionaly watch in another thread - doh!

Not much note of it in the YT comments interestingly - and can't immediately think of a regulation it would break

Certainly a (marginally perhaps) better option than the flat I had to change a CU where they used a bare copper through joint of the sort you use in underground gel joints then wrapped it in tape

This is where being too loyal to one brand can cause you to inadvertantly be blind. Crabtree boards have L/H main switch. MK boards (still abvailable) also have L/H main switch. Even if I hated either of those two makes, I'd probably have just gone down that route bcause the product would be more fit for purpose.

Also I imagine he's far more qualified than me, butI wouldn't dream of giving any conductor a haircut. Really grinds my gears that.

In a few of his videos it shows he's not got the 'finger on the pulse' as you'd expect (giving a cable a haircut when a reducing lug would have been fine, not knowing about earth leakage clamp meters (maybe not his fault given age and not having them in his day) and stuff you just end up going....'really?'.

I watch them for entertainment, more often that not for things NOT to do. I'm not perfect by any stretch but it shows how distracting the whole YT thing can make you.

I'll say this much, I'm liking @ArtElectrics recent employ, guy strikes me as level headed, a few bad habits no doubt but am seeing him knock the shine off Jordan's work a bit and making Jordan's look sub-par.

The alarms rang pretty quickly for me with Del.

Reply to Henley Block inside fuse box ...:) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net