Discuss How important is it that I upgrade this consumer unit, and maybe, more? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’ve just quoted £600 for a board change, nice straightforward swap out, nothing taxing, and I know I’ve got more work to do in the house for an existing good customer.

Anyone else it would be more than that.

For prices, you’re starting to reach silly cheap money there.
Don’t go with the cheapest. Do some research, look at Facebook pages, reviews, even past customers if you know any.
I quoted £565 for a 10way fusebox with SPD and 6 rcbos, inc. £130 for the EICR. I'm only just starting out so I'm happy to be a bit cheaper.

thanks, the guy quoting £575 said the full cert eicr is included. it certainly is a cheap quote but there's loads of recommendations on fb and seems to have a very good reputation for doing good work. i'll ask him about the cert covering the existing installation.

appreciate your help!
That EICR ( Electrical Installation Condition Report) mentioned, if it is one, would be for the existing installation.
EIC is Electrical Installation Cert.....required for new installation of Consumer Unit.
Just so you know.

Reply to How important is it that I upgrade this consumer unit, and maybe, more? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
I had a consumer unit replacement today. It was a bit of a nightmare as most of the cables were too short for the new unit. I extended the ones...
Replies
Views
Hello. Non-electrician here. Failed an EICR yesterday as the electrician graded my consumer unit C2. Why C2 and not C3? He didn't say (and still...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock