Search the forum,

Discuss how much for a light fitting I pulled out of a loft today? guess in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ok so I've been rewiring a untenanted family members home this week just gone and in the loft was some kind of industrial light the sought you might find in a dockers yard
It's 500mm diameter at the base of a dome shade ceramic green paint made by maxlume I was going to lob it but it was in such mint condition I decided to google it and make calls to see if it was worth anything as the builder my father in law said it would have been there since 1930 odd as that's how long the family's owned the house

The guy I call seems very at ease to tell me what he'll give me £25 just googled a price for me to buy one from him £428.00 + vat = £513.60 think I'll be keeping that then and it'll be going up in my house

435760d1332433644-how-do-i-clean-wheat-pennies-useless_without_pics_2.gif.jpg

Show us the pics!!. I think I know what you're on about and I know where there's a lot of redundant ones...

picture pleaseee.... i put 100 leds in a cafe recently and took out the jcc pl lamps and they looked grotty so skipped them, then the guy said throw two back over sink/dishwasher area, so cleaned them up and were as good as new , then i was rippin, must of been30 of them and all worked

Looks like some form of BBQ from B and Q ile give you £10 for such an item :)

Really though imagine how hot that got full of incandescent lamps.. Nice fitting, I think my local Chinese needs a new wok :)

this fitting was for outside I think......can you still buy lamps to fit it, or do you think you would have to get them specially made?.....there's an old garage near here that has a load outside about 30 feet up, and even older gas ones beside those....dates to about 1940.....the building is loaded with asbestos and they were supposed to knock it down years ago, but nobody was willing to find the money to get rid of it, so it is still standing, and because the user has nowhere else to go it is still in use.....
I think that there was a construction company looking at knocking it down and building flats in its place, but they backed off......which makes me wonder how much it costs to get rid of asbestos...there's another 20 odd buildings near by all in disuse with fittings like this, some have been taken over by locals that live nearby for storing junk inside....

there was some really old street lights locally which were all out of use, had been cut off since about the 1950's from what I gather, some were Gas and some were Electric and had special covers on from the war, I am sure they were listed somehow.....anyway they were along sections of a canal and somebody stole them all a few years ago....right about the time a roadworking squad were nearby putting up road and street signs....so I think the stihl saw came into use there....some got yanked out but there are still some iron base segments left at others that were sawn down....

I like to go around old buildings and look at the old Electrical fittings and lights, especially old hotels and industrial buildings....

sometimes look at subterania Britannica, and also theres another one called geograph I think , quite interesting, if you look at the old electrical gear on the subterania website you will see mercury arc rectifiers etc...

- - - Updated - - -

sometimes look at subterania Britannica, and also theres another one called geograph I think , quite interesting, if you look at the old electrical gear on the subterania website you will see mercury arc rectifiers etc...

Unfortunately a lot of old listed buildings seem to "conveniently" burn down and then need fully demolished when they are steel shuttered up and have no power or Gas supply......then magically within weeks shiny new office buildings spring up that have obviously been drawn up and planned well in advance....months or even years.....and the planning flies through...

Maybe you can try to use led high bay lights to replace it. you can visit the web: sunluxled.com. They have a large range of light you want.

Hi, Trev, I have a friend their company called Amy. Maybe you can contact her at +86-15112501208 and web: sunluxled.com. Their products is really good. I hope this i helpful for you.

Hi, Trev, I have a friend their company called Amy. Maybe you can contact her at +86-15112501208 and web: sunluxled.com. Their products is really good. I hope this i helpful for you.

Hi, could you speak to your company called Amy and see if she could supply me with 5 potatoes, 6 carrots and an onion. These will be a sample and will look to ordering over 1000 of each of these. I hope this has been translated well as I have just used google translate. I hope you helpful for me

Hi, could you speak to your company called Amy and see if she could supply me with 5 potatoes, 6 carrots and an onion. These will be a sample and will look to ordering over 1000 of each of these. I hope this has been translated well as I have just used google translate. I hope you helpful for me

oh, I think there is an "in" between friend and their. what i mean is my friend in their company who's name is Amy. Please forgive.:seeya:

- - - Updated - - -

oh, I think there is an "in" between friend and their. what i mean is my friend in their company who's name is Amy. Please forgive.:seeya:

Reply to how much for a light fitting I pulled out of a loft today? guess in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back