Discuss I could be wrong posting here but i need help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I do admit its my fault for hiring him but it was through referrals so i thought i could trust them also

Who could i go to about taking this to court or reporting him?
I'm not qualified or experienced enough to offer any sort of legal advice. My suggestion would be to speak to citizens advice and/or trading standards. From what you say the landlord's own contractor has looked at the job and condemned it. There might be some merit in getting in a qualified spark to do an independent report. The cost of this maybe recoverable if you did manage to win a court order. But it might be that you end up stumping up to rectify this at your own cost. Like I said I couldn't advise you on this.

Either way, if you want the shower to be safe & operational then its got to be rectified & certified to a standard in accordance with the current regulations.

Please gentlemen.... this type of joviality is only allowed on Fridays... We can't be happy too much....

I am sorry and I do not wish to seem argumentative but again I must take issue with some points in your response.

Actually .....you've mostly written the same advice differently expecting a different outcome..
Not correct. Your advice is not correct and mine is materially different in certain areas.
His LLs electrician has disconnected the installation and condemned it, so it is not me advising the OP to claim the cowboy is incompetence the OP has received professional advice stating it as fact, hence why i suggested attaching the LLs assessment..
In your earlier post you reply state "..Contractually, and very begrudgingly, I'd offer him the opportunity to hire someone competent to do the work stating in the letter your belief he is not competent, attach your list of faults from your LLs assessor."
I don't believe the landlord has ever stated in writing that the installer was incompetent, (and I would lay £1 to a penny that neither the landlord nor anyone inspecting that installation will state in writing that the installer was incompetent), yet you have told the OP to make that allegation. The competence of the installer is for now a matter for conjecture, until he has been demonstrably proven to be incompetent by a person whose judgement would be acceptable to a Court. However what should not be pursued are allegations of competence. The facts of the quality of the work speak for themselves. Let others form their own judgements as to whether poor installation quality also demonstrates incompetence.

Actually you don't, you've mostly written the same advice differently expecting a different outcome..
No I have not, I have given sound advice based on my training and experience as a Contracts Manager with legal training. This is materially different to yours in a number of areas.
Sadly you wont see a penny back from him...
...in your opinion, we'll see though.
Yes we will, as you have pre-judged the decision of the Court, and your comment has already caused the OP to doubt the wisdom of proceeding
In my opinion, without a written contract or other sound proof a contract has been entered into and between whom then there is precious little for MCOL to settle.
Yet you also state "......Contractually, and very begrudgingly...."
Contracts do not have to be in writing to be legally enforceable, with one important exception: a contract for the sale (or other disposition) of land or property must be in writing and contain all the terms agreed, otherwise it is not enforceable. How often do YOU insist on a proper written and signed Contract before undertaking work ?

Reply to I could be wrong posting here but i need help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net