Discuss Insurance job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark77woody

Hi folks I need some advice. I recently did a job in a pub after a fire and have presented my invoice but have received no payment for weeks. The owner of the pub ensured me if need be he'd pay me and get it back from insurers. He is now stalling. When insurers pay out for works done do they normally pay the policy holder or direct to the contractor/tradesman?

Really depends on what you arranged with them?
did you not have any written communications from them to instruct you to do works, I'd have thought that the details for payment would be with this.
If however you submitted a quote to the landlord and he was given the ok by insurers then they may pay him first.
Can you not get insurance details from him and contact directly?

When we had our big insurance claim at every turn it was US who were the employer, even if it was just on paper and the insurance were paying direct to their own contractors. So *probably* the landlord / owner will be passing your bill to the insurers who will then be sending the payment back to them to send to you.

If you're feeling like someone is trying to pull a fast one here, then the contracting party (who owes you the money) is whoever instructed you to do the work, so if that was the landlord then that's who you need to chase. Don't be surprised if they haven't pocketed the money already sent to them!

Good luck chasing.

I take it the owner got clearance from the insurance company for you to do the work ie submitted your quote for approval plus remember insurance companies take forever to pay out

Reply to Insurance job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. In a bit of a situation which is starting to cause a fair bit of stress and figured maybe asking some silly questions here may help to...
Replies
Views
I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’m hoping for some advice. I currently run a small limited company that provides IT services, both commercial and domestic so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I changed jobs half way through my final year of my Electrical Installation course back in 2001. Unfortunately, my new job meant I worked...
Replies
Views
I'm having a bit of a disaster at the minute and would like an honest opinion. I am having a gas stove fitted in the corner of my room and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock