Discuss Issuing domestic certificates in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah cause it's easier to have 3 separate testers in three separate boxes with 3 separate test leads with 3 seperate calibration documents.

It sure is easier ;)no waiting around for an eternity while the machine goes through its incessant beeping and its countdowns as if you are launching the space shuttle,the time it saves having to just pick up another meter and away to go really is significantly quicker
Remember separate meters doesn't mean they have one function,the insulation/continuity does 90% of whats needed
earth loop/Pfc most of the rest

Unlike Mft s they will not refuse to function on occasions when its the machine that's deciding
The calibration of 3 meters mentioned is offset by the problem of one knackered function rendering the whole machine as useless

I had a Martindale Mft and used it on eicrs for exactly one day before slinging it aside and continued using my seperates
I had so much confidence in the useless piece of junk,I gave it to a trainee on this forum

Reply to Issuing domestic certificates in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Not sure whether this is the right context or even forum to mention this, but I’ve recently been offering out myself to a friend to help get his...
Replies
Views
NAPIT Certification Scheme Give me a clue 🕵️‍♀️
So bit of a back story to start off Been working with a electrician for years he’s planning on retiring next year so I’m having to get my stuff...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the middle of purchasing a small 1 bed flat in England, and have been sent a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate by the...
Replies
Views
Its time I bit the bullet and got some proper certification software, I've used my own forms for ages now which I spend pre-filling everything in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m new here and wanted to ask a question. I want to do some domestic jobs but are currently not registered with a body. I trained a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock