Discuss It's true we are a bunch of rip offs! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

If I refused to have my brakes fixed at a garage even though the mechanic told me they could fail at any time, then I consequently died when my car careered off a cliff, would it be the mechanic's fault?

no, but you can bet that the no win - no fee ambulance chasers would try and make that out. remember that woman that made a successful claim against mcdonalds when she spilt hot coffee on herself and sued because she was not warned that it was hot. FFS.

If I refused to have my brakes fixed at a garage even though the mechanic told me they could fail at any time, then I consequently died when my car careered off a cliff, would it be the mechanic's fault?
No but that might not stop the family trying to bleed you dry, it's just the society we live in and the op did state that he had done a temporay repair so in the eyes of the law he was the last guy to touch it. imo

I don't see that putting anything in writing will magically vindicate you of something that may or may not occur in the future. If the house burns down the letter will be destroyed anyway! :)

He could always say he never received such a letter. If I had to put something in writing every time I walked away from a job then I'd need an admin team. Then again, by not doing so, sounds like I may need a legal team instead!

I worked for a particular multi-national where they had a blame culture.

Almost everything I did was put in writing.

“Why did XXXX fail after you looked at it?”
“Because you didn’t read or act my report saying it would fail.”
END OF ARGUMENT!

I worked for a particular multi-national where they had a blame culture.

Almost everything I did was put in writing.

“Why did XXXX fail after you looked at it?”
“Because you didn’t read or act my report saying it would fail.”
END OF ARGUMENT!

Hahaha!!!
I was at Stalybridge Station pub this afternoon, geezer in the bar with 'Grumpy Old Git' on the back of his shirt.
Who was the first person I thought of ... :smilielol5:

Reply to It's true we are a bunch of rip offs! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net