Discuss Job pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Sorry chaps i know you aint here to price my jobs but im getting mixed reactions from customers regarding pricing, some say WOW some say HOW the **** you get that!! its only bit of cable and metal..

Just examples of jobs i priced this week

i wont say if i got them or not just guagung your oppinion

Power to a SHED

2x lenght of 3m 20mm steel conduit (shaped in to nice angles) and 2x stop ends,
1x Unswitched FCU and Box 13a with 7m worth of 2.5mm rubber Cable,
1x Switched FCU 3a and Box 1m worth of 1mm cable and a Light
2 x 2G 13a Sockets

full tests and Building notification
also trench digging for conduit and drilling off wall and bit of surface trunking insde house

£110 all in...!!

out door light on house wall...

1x FCU 3a & cavity box
1x 500w PIR
2m of 1.5mm Rubber flex

Certificate and Building notification

£80.00

garage conversion

new supply cable 12m of 16mm 3 core swa + DP Isolator
new 4w RCD CU + mcbs
40m of 2.5 t&e
5 socket outlets
pendant and switches and cabling 15m 1.5mm
10m of 6m T+E plus cooker flate and outlet

certs and building notification

£500

Item 1 too cheap ( why conduit and not SWA )
Item 2 too cheap
Item 3 about right ( all metalclad accessories I assume)

First one think your robbing yourself, second one I would say is about right and the third I would expect more. Saying that I'm in London rates vary so much on location.

Last edited by a moderator:
no metaclad stuff in garage conversion apart from teh box im terminating into (directly underneath Insulated Cu)

i will use SWA when i shifted my lengths of Conduit!!

not used conduit or swa before as never had a need for it!

i may actually use the coduit to make cable reels with if i dont shift it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you just desperate to have a go with the conduit as you've never used it before and trying to find an excuse;), I will admit I have done several jobs in the past in conduit that probably didn't need it because I just wanted to have a go and feel like a plumber for a couple of days :D

Stolen from Bugsy because I agree,

Item 1 too cheap ( why conduit and not SWA )
Item 2 too cheap
Item 3 about right ( all metalclad accessories I assume)

No.1 Very cheap
No.2 Spot on
No.3 Slightly cheap

Considering the extra time and materials needed for the shed compared to the outside light you need a lot more than £30 extra....

Reply to Job pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net