Discuss Just gonna roll this of the tip on my tounge and hope it makes sense in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1stfix2ndfix

2nd job saw me having to fit a switched fused spur on a cooker circuit. From the board a 6mm cable is run to a cooker switch. From here it looke to me like a 1mm core was run down to a jb and then another 1mm went from the jb to the job. I had to put a switched fused spur where the jb was and change the fuse from 13a to 3a. All I'm saying is I would of. Thought the switched fused spur should of been put further up the line if that makes sense so it would of gone

cooker switch feed by 6mm tande
1mm 3 core from the cooker switch into switched fused spur
1mm cable out of snitched fused spur to hob

We we did it cooker switch feed by 6mm tande with a 1mm 3 core to the load side which feed a switched fused spur load side and then put the other 1mm 3core on the load side and to the job

Hope that makes sense?

No not really, so you have a 6mm feeding the ccu, then a 1mm 3core from the ccu to a jb and a 1mm to the hob, sorry sounds like a bit of a pigs ear of a job to me, I realise you are a trainee, you boss should have told you how to do it correctly

No not really, so you have a 6mm feeding the ccu, then a 1mm 3core from the ccu to a jb and a 1mm to the hob, sorry sounds like a bit of a pigs ear of a job to me, I realise you are a trainee, you boss should have told you how to do it correctly

That is just being offensive to the pigs ear.

To OP

I understand that you are a trainee, but I do not understand why you are not asking your boss why it is this way. You clearly have doubts or you are trolling us by posting in here. At the very least the cable from the CCU to the fused spur is not correct for the protective device.

That is just being offensive to the pigs ear.

To OP

I understand that you are a trainee, but I do not understand why you are not asking your boss why it is this way. You clearly have doubts or you are trolling us by posting in here. At the very least the cable from the CCU to the fused spur is not correct for the protective device.

No, his boss is an :-------:

I'm just coming on here to ask things I'm not convinced about or unsure of. I wanna be the best sparks I can be and to do that I've got to pick your brains I'm afraid as lots of advise and opinions is better then just one persons

Originally it went like this

6mm T&E / cooker switch /black flex with three 1mm cores / jb / black flex with three 1mm cores / hob

I had to change it to this

6mm T&E / cooker switch /black flex with three 1mm cores / switched fused spur / black flex with three 1mm cores / hob

And I thought it had to go like this

6mm T&E / cooker switch / 6mm T&E / switched fused spur / flex with three 1mm cores / hob

Hopefully thats a better explanation and some one can say what one is right ?

Your last option is the best option and would prevent any problems or requirements to apply limited use regulations.
However because the first black flex (so long as it is not subject to the chance of damage), due to the FCU after it cannot ever take more that the fuse rating in the FCU it would not be absolutely required to provide overcurrent protection.
If I were installing it I would try, if possible, to ensure that no cable had the chance of being subject to an inadvertent overcurrent situation and so would put at least 4mm² cable (suitable for 32A MCB protection clipped direct) from the cooker switch to the FCU.
But I am a bit precise about this when in a domestic situation.

Reply to Just gonna roll this of the tip on my tounge and hope it makes sense in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net