Discuss know where i can get these in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glasgospark

doing cinema room and has requested these lights , anyone know any suppliers ? IMG_9314.png

The connections into the ceiling will be the least of your problems. It’s the length of the optics that push up the price. The light source has to be installed in an accessible space. Years ago the units used to make a nose because they had fans build into them to keep them cool. Not sure if this is still so because they might us LED lamps now.

theres a transformer, with a spot light, shining down the fibre optics. you then run the fibre optics into various positions as desired. elec supply into transformer and bobs your uncle. done this recently In a house in north London. didn't supply the kit though, was supplied by designer.

seen no noise kits , there is loft access so will all be accessible , price doesnt bother me im not paying its a "whatever it takes job"

just never seen these done before so looking at different methods

theres a transformer, with a spot light, shining down the fibre optics. you then run the fibre optics into various positions as desired. elec supply into transformer and bobs your uncle. done this recently In a house in north London. didn't supply the kit though, was supplied by designer.

done the ends of optics go into adapters/fittings etc

I think some of them do. Like when they are installed in mirrored ceiling panels.

You have to remember the holes in the ceiling will only be about 1mm in diameter. The fibre will be a tight fit.

Drill the hole a little too small, push them in then silicon from behind, a bit labour intensive ;) I would also suggest a false ceiling panel, so you can do all the drilling and fixing on the ground, you can then still get to all the light boxes, as you leave the sides of the false panel open :)

What pretty pattern on the ceiling is he after? Most people prefer star constellations. You could let your imagination run wild on this one. :smile5:

Reply to know where i can get these in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net