Discuss laptop to tv in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rover v8

i am trying to connect my friends laptop tp her tv . i have extended the screens and got the xp landscape picture on the tv but that is it. there are no icons and still only landscape pic when i go onto a web page or what ever we have on the laptop. any ideas ? thanks

you really want to clone the image onto the tv. if you extend it, it does exactly that-extends the image onto the tv.no use for most things.
once you have cloned the image, just a case of adjusting the screen resolution on the tv to suit. hope this helps!

If like my laptop, you are required to press a function key and F5 this extends the screen to the TV. You will also need,like dan86 states, to adjust the video properties of your graphics card to clone the image so that you can have the laptop screen and tv working at the same time. HTH.

thanks guys. have not been back yet but have found i need to press the fn key and 1 of the f keys but do not know which one and cannot find it in a manuel anywere. i shall be going over later in the week to have a go. much eaier on a desktop where you just duplicate the screens.

Use a HDMI lead...I use it on mine and its fantastic. All you have to do is plug it in to your tv and laptop and press "input" on your tv remote, then select HDMI and bobs your uncle..

Reply to laptop to tv in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My ASUS laptop has been sort of broken for a while, instead of replacing it we thought that it might be repairable? Its missing both hinges and...
Replies
Views
We are having issues with our electrical system. In the garage, dining room, kitchen, one of two bathrooms, master bedroom and the front yard...
Replies
Views
Hi Lads , got asked to hang a tv for a friend of mine but they want it vertical/landscape. do yas know if if i need a special bracket. i cant seem...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanting some advice regarding a tv aerial. I moved into my own flat and bought a tv, however when I...
Replies
Views
Hi, ive got an old Samsung i think LCD tv, which ive connected my firestick to. It works ok once it decides to turn on, but to turn it i have to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock