Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

From now on I'm going to try and be more positive :)

It surely can't get any worse than this and the general consensus is to go and sell.

I've getting off my moral high ground and accepting that some-things you can't change.

21p here I come- btw how the ---- is someone near to me selling a 4Kw for £6999 inc VAT!?!?!?!

From now on I'm going to try and be more positive :)

It surely can't get any worse than this and the general consensus is to go and sell.

I've getting off my moral high ground and accepting that some-things you can't change.

21p here I come- btw how the ---- is someone near to me selling a 4Kw for £6999 inc VAT!?!?!?!
Been out on a couple of appointments this week".................there's still interest out there, but as you've said, there's still idiots quoting ridiculously low prices?....."?????? When will the public learn ?you only get wot you pay for"...........if you pay mickey mouse money.........you get mickey mouse

Ditto how can anyone survive without profit

I guess that any company offering not-for-profit installations is hoping that by undercutting everyone else they can at least get a few more contracts signed and keep their fitters in a job until the government stalling tactics come to an end.
I think that after much stalling the government will lose and have to reinstate the 43p - but by the time it happens, it will be March and there will be a last-minute panic.
Being such a late end to legal action will mean a very limited number of installations between December and April, so the government virtually achieved its objective of minimising further 43p FiT installations, so the 21p FiT proposal will probably then be affordable throughout 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you all complaining about - according to this bit of spam - sorry, marketing information - that's just arrived in my inbox, customers are out there gagging for it

Solar Installations more popular since Tariff furore
The recent FiT reductions have done nothing to quell homeowners' appetite for installing solar panels.

OK?

PJ

I used to buy a few leads from the these companies in particular one called service magic.

I checked my account yesterday with them to see how many new leads they had since Dec 12th.....

You guessed it :)

Responding to a question from BusinessGreen a spokeswoman for DECC said it was safe for solar firms to assume the current rate would not fall below 21p per kWh. "The tariff rates for PV installations will not fall below the proposed levels (e.g. 21p for the less than or equal to 4kW band) for systems with an eligibility date between 12th December 2011 and 31st March 2012," she said in an emailed response.

Government clarifies solar feed-in tariff rate as industry uncertainty escalates - 18 Jan 2012 - News from BusinessGreen

Still no clarity on whether the 21p minimum FIT will last 25 years?

The 25 years has never been in doubt.

Forum members should bear in mind that the public visit this site and raising questions that have never really been an issue can only contribute to general lack of confidence within the industry.

The Government has a commitment to pay the FIT rate for 25 years for solar PV. Its never been on any current agenda to change that.

The Launderer, could you pls provide us with links to written documents confirming this please? I apologize for appearing unsure about it, but I believe I am not the only one in this forum...

The Launderer, could you pls provide us with links to written documents confirming this please? I apologize for appearing unsure about it, but I believe I am not the only one in this forum...

Took me 2 minutes.

Never been any suggestion apart from some prophets of doom on this forum and elsewhere suggesting the 25 years is in doubt. Not saying that wont change in the future but you can have confidence that jobs being fitted now will get at least 21p (43.3p until 31st March ) for 25 years index linked and tax free.

UK Government proposed changes to solar PV Feed-in-Tariffs / Financial incentives / Generate your own energy / Home (United Kingdom) - Energy Saving Trust
[h=2]How will the proposals affect me?[/h]
The proposals could affect anyone who is considering installing solar PV or has installed solar PV but has not yet applied for Feed-in Tariffs. This is how the proposed new tariffs would apply:
Eligibility dateTariff band/rate
Before 12th December 2011Higher tariff for full 25 years of support
12th December 2011 – 31st March 2012 inclusiveHigher tariff until 31st March 2012
Lower tariff from 1st April 2012 for the remainder of the 25 years' support
1st April 2012 onwards Lower tariff for full 25 years of support

Is it me or the Government has not yet taken a decision after the consultation? I though we need to wait until 9th Feb the latest to hear how exactly the FiT scheme has been reviewed?
Are you saying that we can all sell sub 4 kW systems at 21p now?

Is it me or the Government has not yet taken a decision after the consultation? I though we need to wait until 9th Feb the latest to hear how exactly the FiT scheme has been reviewed?
Are you saying that we can all sell sub 4 kW systems at 21p now?

They have not made a decision yet, but even this bunch of clowns wouldn't try to introduce a substantive change (such as changing the 25 years) which wasn't in the consultation.

What DECC have announced is that what ever FIT rate they decide to introduce and whatever eligibility date they decide upon (or is forced upon them by the courts). Any installation between the 12 December and the 31 March will receive a FIT rate no lower than 21p (and possibly higher - but we will not know that for a few weeks).

The 25 years has never been in doubt.

Forum members should bear in mind that the public visit this site and raising questions that have never really been an issue can only contribute to general lack of confidence within the industry.

The Government has a commitment to pay the FIT rate for 25 years for solar PV. Its never been on any current agenda to change that.

Being a confused member of the public I have enough questions...

Questions #424-26 re: If Scotland gets independance.....

#424 Will Kim Jong-Salmond plan to cancel scheme and screw up my pension plans?
#425 If it continues will I have to move to that Scottish (Spanish) Power bunch?
#426 Will it be paid in worthless Euro's?

25 years now does seem a very long time :(

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net